Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa french stream

As an OOP from quebec with a wGPA of 3.9 I was planning on applying to the french stream given that it is slightly less competitive and that I speak/write it pretty fluently. I was wondering if my choice for "first language" should also be french. I am fluent in french but it is still pretty obvious that this is not my first language and dont want my application to be void by putting english as first language. any advice? 

18 minutes ago, ginster said:

As an OOP from quebec with a wGPA of 3.9 I was planning on applying to the french stream given that it is slightly less competitive and that I speak/write it pretty fluently. I was wondering if my choice for "first language" should also be french. I am fluent in french but it is still pretty obvious that this is not my first language and dont want my application to be void by putting english as first language. any advice? 

I don't believe that you have to indicate french is your first language. I believe it only matters if you claim that you can speak french/english or both on the language spoken portion of the application. 

Archived