Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa U backpacks

Hi there,

I am starting at the Northern Ontario School of Med this fall and I heard that were aren't receiving the MD financial bags anymore starting this year due to the conflict of interest policy of the university. I know Ottawa U did the same thing a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone from Ottawa U since that policy was enforced was able to obtain an MD financial bag by other means or by purchasing one?

Thanks!

You can double check with the school, but I think there was an MDF rep before who said that because it's the school that doesn't want their students to have those backpacks, they (MDF) also couldn't circumvent the school and give/sell one to the student.

On 7/20/2017 at 0:32 AM, Donald_Duck said:

They are standard offered by the faculty, but they sport the nice dark red and black colors of uOttawa with a nice uOttawa emblem and MD2021 in bold. I have always aspired to get one as an undergrad seeing those bags around!

Mr Duck

Funny, as someone going to uOttawa from a school that uses the MD Financial bags for the med students, I was a bit disappointed to find out we would be getting a different bag. At least until I saw this year's colour that is.

Ya I'm thinking NOSM'S bag won't be quite as nice as the Ottawa U bags. Their colours are yellow and blue :( I also don't want to be walking around with a bag that has a Laurentian Logo on it. I did my undergraduate degree there and they disappointed me.

I guess this is a minor thing anyways the important thing is finally getting in!

Archived