Premed 101 Forums

2 hours ago, Hopelessmed said:

Is it worth it to put down "travel" in the diversity of experience section when you have only visited 2 other countries in your life (India and USA)? I visited India 3 times and the US about 5 times. 

I am not sure vacation traveling to India and USA should be classified as "diversity of experience", especially if you are of Indian heritage.

Backpacking for several months or a year however, can be considered and you should discuss your experiences as propofolsquad has mentioned above.

2 hours ago, propofolsquad said:

Travel is more than just where you've visited in my opinion! Talk about your experiences with other cultures and what was meaningful about those visits to you or even just focus on one really impactful place! Sell your travels as a way you matured as a person! 

Thank you for this response. I will sell it as much as possible. 

18 minutes ago, ArchEnemy said:

I am not sure vacation traveling to India and USA should be classified as "diversity of experience", especially if you are of Indian heritage.

Backpacking for several months or a year however, can be considered and you should discuss your experiences as propofolsquad has mentioned above.

I went to India for a pilgrimage. I volunteered with various temples and served food to the poor. The only thing I did this by myself and don't have a verifier for it. 

Archived