Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PandasareCool

OOP Applicant. Should I apply with these stats?

Hi everyone. I'm looking into applying at UofS for the Fall 2018 class.

I just rewrote my MCAT last month and scored a 95% percentile, with a 129 in Cars.

My weighted GPA is a 3.9.

Is it worth applying? The website said the MCAT marks for last years class were 96% percentile and up.

Appreciate your help!

Interview stats for OOP will likely actually go up, if that's possible this year.  They are dropping OOP seats from 10 to 5, and will only be interviewing 50 OOP instead of the 100 or so from previous years. 

Edit: This came directly from Dr. Ziola (Director of Admissions) last week at a talk at the U of R.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:15 PM, King74 said:

Interview stats for OOP will likely actually go up, if that's possible this year.  They are dropping OOP seats from 10 to 5, and will only be interviewing 50 OOP instead of the 100 or so from previous years. 

Edit: This came directly from Dr. Ziola (Director of Admissions) last week at a talk at the U of R.

Did they say how many AAP spots they would be giving next cycle?  I'm wondering how many other IP spots would be left after OOP and AAP.