Premed 101 Forums

Female advice needed, thank you

MDPLZ

Hello all,

I have a crush on a lovely girl who I volunteer with once a week at the hospital I Volunteer/do research at.

I am 2 years older than her.

We are sort of in a professional environment?

Is it offside/weird for me to ask for her number or something?

help

57 minutes ago, SoraAde said:

Find a place where you're not going to be interrupted by other people, then start small talk etc, show you're interested.. then when the silence hits, tell her you have a 4.0 GPA and 132 CARS. She'll ask you for your number

LOLOL. I just exploded with laughter in my cubicle at work...

Be respectful, polite and let her know that you would like to get to know her better. In other words, be direct but not overwhelming. However, be prepared for her to tell you she is in a relationship. Anything is possible. Go for it.

13 hours ago, MDPLZ said:

Hello all,

I have a crush on a lovely girl who I volunteer with once a week at the hospital I Volunteer/do research at.

I am 2 years older than her.

We are sort of in a professional environment?

Is it offside/weird for me to ask for her number or something?

help

Red flags:

-Asking for dating advice on Pre-Med 101

-"crush" --how old are you, again? 

-"lovely girl" --do you even know her well?

-"volunteer with"= not a good idea

It's your life and ultimately you are in the best position to evaluate the situation as only you know yourself and somewhat know her as well as have a grasp of your current working environment--all of which none of us on this online forum have.

My $0.02 = Stay in your own lane. I also have no idea what your level of social awareness is, so it would be rather irresponsible to encourage you to do something that could make your volunteer/research environment unpalatable. I suppose that you are reaching out to premed101 for advice is fairly telling in that regard.

Bottom line: Focus on getting into med school. Have fun with women who are outside of your professional environment.

I think like, you are ultimately the person to make the call. If it were me though, it sounds like you don't really know her too well, and I would do that first before trying for anything serious. Maybe like just talk to her and get to know her more first? See if she is seeing anyone? Does she have any rings? Maybe go for a coffeebreak sometime after the shift?

it is a volunteer position so I would watch out for professionalism, but at the same time, you are probably not going to be working with her forever, and if a potential, meaningful relationship comes out of it I think it might be worth at least attempting. But do so with caution and preparation.

But uhh dating advice on premed101....yeah...I dunno what else you expect.

If you think she has a reason to think it's creepy, then I can GUARANTEE it will most definitely be creepy. 

Youre alreafy behind. First impressions are like semester long preparation. Don't cram for this at the last minute and hope to hell that a miracle will happen because miracles generally don't happen. I bet she's great. But you'll hit your stride when you're older if you study your ass off now. The more you study now then the more you can offer/be the most improved version of yourself later. 

OP, we want updates

BTW, if you don't want to end up in the "friend zone", be sure that you are straightforward and that she knows what your intentions are. Be polite, respectful, and straightforward. 
Almost every "FA" that I know have three things in common: 1) They are insecure 2) They are not straightforward and acts like friends 3) They makes everything awkward.

Be playful, act confident and let her know that you are interested. After that, ball is in her court.

• 7 months later...

Whoa, way to resurrect a thread.

For all we know, they are married with child now...or the OP got into med school and has other girls on his mind!

Nevertheless, very curious if PM101dating worked out.

FYI, we had at least one couple meet on here and GET MARRIED. It isn't that far fetched in today's online world.

Alas, I have returned with quite a story to tell. (not really).

I laughed considerably when I read this thread.. I did not think anyone would answer when I initially posted.

First of all, thanks to everyone who offered my sorry self some advice, minus freewheeler, you a savage! haha. 

I did end up asking her out for coffee, which she agreed to. Coffee date went swimmingly (with a few awkward spots not gonna lie). We then texted for a few weeks, agreed to go to a movie, but it never ended up happening.

ET VOILA! I really wish I could tell you guys that we were not in Europe with our first child and a second on the way blogging about our interesting life but the truth is shes probably deleted my number by now. If its any constellation, the initial confrontation when I asked her out was extremely awkward and I am pretty sure I was sweating and had a voice crack.

Once again, thanks all! 

<3 

16 minutes ago, MDPLZ said:

Alas, I have returned with quite a story to tell. (not really).

I laughed considerably when I read this thread.. I did not think anyone would answer when I initially posted.

First of all, thanks to everyone who offered my sorry self some advice, minus freewheeler, you a savage! haha. 

I did end up asking her out for coffee, which she agreed to. Coffee date went swimmingly (with a few awkward spots not gonna lie). We then texted for a few weeks, agreed to go to a movie, but it never ended up happening.

ET VOILA! I really wish I could tell you guys that we were not in Europe with our first child and a second on the way blogging about our interesting life but the truth is shes probably deleted my number by now. If its any constellation, the initial confrontation when I asked her out was extremely awkward and I am pretty sure I was sweating and had a voice crack.

Once again, thanks all! 

<3 

Nothing can make a 132 awkward, should have mentioned CARS man.

Archived