Premed 101 Forums

Hii everyone! This is my first post on here but I have read this forum throughout the years and have come to realize that there are many intelligent individuals on here :) I am wondering if anyone who has majored in phpy or has done 4th year physiology&pharmacology classes can give me some advice. :P  

I am starting my last year this september and I have to choose 2 classes from the following classes:    PHPY 401, 402, 403, 404, 405. 

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has done these classes :/  Can anyone shed some light on how these classes are in terms of difficulty, layout (multiple choice or written) etc. compared to the third year phpy classes. I am very unsure which two I should pick because I find them all equally interesting and I don't want to drop my mark by taking one that is extra difficult. Also for reference, my marks for all 300 level phpy classes were roughly equal (I.e. my background knowledge for each 400 level class is probably similar).  

Any advice about any one of these classes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone :)  xox 

It's been a number of years since I took PHPY classes, but from what I do remember PHPY 404 and 405 were the most enjoyable for me. I also did not take 401 and 402; 403 I found to be difficult, but there were a great deal of people who did very well in that class -- it all comes down to work ethic. 405, when I took it, was taught by one of the professors that teaches the two pharmacology 300-level courses, so his questions were similar to that course. If you're looking for courses that will aid in the transition from PHPY to medicine, I personally feel 404 and 405 would help you the most in establishing a solid background. Ultimately, it's what you enjoy the most; I'm biased towards neuro and cardio physiology and pharmacology.

Archived