Premed 101 Forums

Endo loupes

I use 3.5x for everything and its good for most endo cases as well. I've tried using a microscope and its next level. Soon enough it will or should become standard of care for endo tx. I've flirted with idea of buying 6.0x loupes off ebay, just to use for endo, they're not the best quality but get the job done. 

I could be wrong but I think some will have expanded field anyways. I have Orascoptic TTL 3.5x prismatic and I know they are EF as well. Prismatic is nice but their main con is that they are on the heavier side. I gotta big nose so I can tolerate it pretty well haha but I'd recommend to wait and try them on to see. One other negative of TTL in general in my opinion is that there is a limit limit to the angle they can put on the scopes so in some occasions I find I have to look "under" the lenses field of view with naked eye if that makes sense. The one benefit of the flip up lenses are that you can adjust them so if you really have to look down you can adjust the lens so you are still looking through it, another added benefit of flip up is that if you wear prescription glasses and down the line you need to change your prescription its much easier to do so. 

And do your self a favor and buy a head light as well. If anything I rather work with head light and no magnification than if magnification and no head light 

Honestly, Endo loupe?  If you are serious with endo, you need an Op microscope.  At least all of my endo colleagues use.  If you are just starting with dental school. don't spend a lot of money on loupe.  you will find out what you use and what is comfortable for you...

Archived