Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JKT

OMSAS Application Length

Hey guys, 

I'm just wondering how long it's approximately taken you guys to complete the OMSAS application and what you guys would recommend for completing the application while also balancing school? 

Thanks 

It took me about a 1 to 1.5 month to complete the entire application including essays. It does takes quite a long time and a few revisions. Also, it takes quite a long time to enter everything into OMSAS. Would not recommend leaving to the last few days. 

9 minutes ago, SunAndMoon said:

you mean youre not taking a semester off to apply?????

Well depending on when the application comes out, I will have co-op during the summer followed by the regular school year. So if it comes out in July for example I can work on it while completing my co-op. When do you recommend having it completed by/submitting it? 

12 hours ago, JKT said:

Well depending on when the application comes out, I will have co-op during the summer followed by the regular school year. So if it comes out in July for example I can work on it while completing my co-op. When do you recommend having it completed by/submitting it? 

Doesn't really matter when it's completed. Canadian schools don't do rolling admissions, so having your application seen earlier doesn't change how competitive it is. So if you can get it in earlier more power to you, but my understanding is there's no advantage to getting it in earlier