Premed 101 Forums

GPA Calculation Question

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how I should properly enter my degree stream when filling out my grades if I switched to another degree halfway into my first one. Basically, I was a Biological Sciences student for the first two years and then ended up switching over to a BSc in Psychology for my last two. I only have the one BSc degree in Psychology because all of my first and second year courses when I was in Biological Sciences counted towards my degree BSC in Psychology. 

In this case, do I file the first two years under a BSc in Biological Sciences and then the last two under a BSc in Psychology? Or do all four years count under a BSc in Psychology at this point? 

Thanks for the help! 

In the end, all of your courses will count towards your BSc. Psychology, correct? If that is the case you should enter them all under psychology because that is the degree you will have in hand when you finish, and all of those courses are constituent parts of that degree. 

However, if some of the courses you had taken wont apply to your psych degree, then you may need to contact admissions and get clarification on what to enter for those courses. 

Archived