Premed 101 Forums

Grades competitive for Pharmacy?

OntPremed

• 4 months later...

Hey there! 

So, I know that my university specificially looks at CGPA, and pGPA. Converting your percentages based on my university, your GPA is the following;

Year 1: 2.7

Year 2: 3.0

Year 3: 3.3

Year 4: 3.6ish.

Year 5: 3.7

With that said, your cumulative GPA (typically) would drop your lowest year when applying, so your CGPA is approximately 3.4. However, your pGPA is based on all the courses that are required for entry. Typically, the emphasize is more on the pGPA where they really want students to have a pGPA of roughly at lease 3.5. Students who were accepted into pharmacy last year in Canada, typically had a 3.7. Honestly, in Canada, if your GPA is decent (which yours is pretty good), and your pGPA is also good, and your LOI and interview are strong you're basically considered. 

Hey OntPremed, 

Most university programs give a "recommended" and "minimum" GPA for their applicants. As long as you meet the minimum, I'd recommend you apply. Admission is usually based upon the applicant pool. Depending on the year, the average GPA could be very low, very high, or similar to previous years. Since this GPA average can flux, your application GPA might put you within the range for an interview/full acceptance. 

Good luck on your applications,

CDuke93

• 10 months later...
On 12/23/2017 at 12:52 PM, PharmCrew said:

Hey there! 

So, I know that my university specificially looks at CGPA, and pGPA. Converting your percentages based on my university, your GPA is the following;

Year 1: 2.7

Year 2: 3.0

Year 3: 3.3

Year 4: 3.6ish.

Year 5: 3.7

With that said, your cumulative GPA (typically) would drop your lowest year when applying, so your CGPA is approximately 3.4. However, your pGPA is based on all the courses that are required for entry. Typically, the emphasize is more on the pGPA where they really want students to have a pGPA of roughly at lease 3.5. Students who were accepted into pharmacy last year in Canada, typically had a 3.7. Honestly, in Canada, if your GPA is decent (which yours is pretty good), and your pGPA is also good, and your LOI and interview are strong you're basically considered. 

Does uoft look at pGPA?

Archived