Premed 101 Forums

I've looked at a billion forums and discussions online, checked the university statistics but I want someone to give me the reality check. I'm majoring in Biochemistry (honors program) at a canadian university. I'll be applying to american and canadian dental schools next year. And my cumulative average is 81.55% and major average is 82.22%.

Given that I do well on the DAT and that I will be doing my thesis this year, I'll probably be doing some dental shadowing, do I have a chance? I know other factors count but I need to know my chances based solely on the information provided.

I would say your chances at Canadian universities are low. UWO looks at your best 2 years (so does Sask), so look into those if your best 2 years are good. You could get an interview at UWO if your ECs are great since UWO is a much more EC heavy school. You pretty much need 90+ if you're applying to Sask as an OOP.

US would be your best shot, but I saw a recent post about how the GPA conversion to US schools changed (may deflate your grades). If you do choose to go to the US, would you be willing to have $500k in debt by the end of it?

Archived