Premed 101 Forums

Referee Email Address Entered Incorrectly

Hey guys, 

So I did a dumb and accidentally wrote down an incorrect email for one of my 3 referees (as in, I missed a single letter in the email address when transferring it from a message from my referee to the OMSAS app). I hit "send email" without first triple checking the address was right (doh), and now I can't change it. The email has been sent to a completely random email address I assume.

I have emailed the referee@ouac.on.ca support address about this, but I won't get an answer until tomorrow at least, and they aren't answering calls right now.

Has anyone been in this situation before and know how OMSAS deals with it? I hope I won't be penalized for a really simple (yet admittedly silly) mistake...

Any info people might have would be appreciated!

You won't know for certain until you can get in contact with OMSAS, but I'm sure they'll be able to fix it for you. Last year, a friend of mine needed to change referees (i.e. switch to another person) long after the emails had been sent, and OMSAS was able to reset it for him. I can't imagine they would penalize you for an innocuous mistake- these things happen!

Archived