Premed 101 Forums

Only applying to just Ottawa?

Does it sound mental to apply only at Ottawa? I'm aiming for the French Stream, since it has way less competition than the English Stream. I haven't spoken french in a long while,(went to an english university, but full french hs). I'm gonna be going into my 3rd year UG. My 1st and 2nd year GPA's were both around 3.9. I haven't done the MCAT yet, but I am planning to take it next summer. My ECs are pretty good (long term volunteering, outreach, minor research, TA). Do you think it's worth a shot applying as a 3rd year student?

19 hours ago, DrMeme said:

How many apply to the french stream at UO?

around 400-ish students apply to the french stream. However, I've heard from info sessions that from these 400-ish, only 270 pass the GPA cutoff of 3.6 to be considered for an interview!

So if you have above 3.6 (or 3.5 if you're aboriginal), you're looking at a competition of 270 applicants in the french stream.

11 hours ago, Naturefeelzz said:

around 400-ish students apply to the french stream. However, I've heard from info sessions that from these 400-ish, only 270 pass the GPA cutoff of 3.7 to be considered for an interview!

So if you have above 3.7 (or 3.5 if you're aboriginal), you're looking at a competition of 270 applicants in the french stream.

I thought the IP Francophone cutoff was 3.6... unless this recently changed?

39 minutes ago, Donald_Duck said:

Quebec resident is the same as ontario for French stream. The OOP french stream is for CNFS reserved seats and only applied to other provinces.

Yes, apply. However I would strongly urge you to apply to other schools as well.

Mr Duck

Is that a new policy?  Previously Quebec resident was treated differently than Ontario resident (and had 3.87 cutoff - higher even than English stream).

Archived