Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
uofthopefulzhou

In need of realistic opinions and suggestions (PT and OT)!

Hi guys,

I recently decided to go into PT and OT, and have done some basic research and found out that I am only eligible to apply to PT programs at UofT and Queen's. This is because I either lack some pre-requisites or that my lowest pre-requisites mark is at B-. However, none of these pre-reqs are within the last 60 credits of sGPA. I haven't completed my research for OT schools yet, but it seems like OTs are a bit lax on the pre-reqs.

This is my stats, cGPA = 3.66, sGPA = 3.89, both including a non-degree year (full course load). Extracurricular wise, I am currently a rehab staff working with clients with Acquired Brain Injuries, volunteer at Cardiology clinic, and also a rehab volunteer at a hospital. I have also a number of volunteer experiences in the past.

Since I am new to this, and don't know many people in PT. Could you guys provide an insight as to my chances at UofT and Queen's, and likelihood of increasing these chances? 

Much appreciated!

You definitely have a good shot at Queens and your sub GPA will likely be above the cut off for Toronto (last year cut off was 3.82) so you have a good shot there as well. It really just depends on how well you do on the interview for UofT and your personal statement for Queens 

Sub gpa above cut off for Mac mmi and u of t Cap. Mac has almost no pre-reqs so u should double check that. 

If you have good experience and take time to work on your queens essays you could def get in.

you would be v competitive for OT as far as I know (I'm PT). But if you want PT go for it!  If you are open, apply to both PT and OT, that way you have a back up. 

Spend some time checking out the threads here as they are super helpful.