Premed 101 Forums
teeezyyy

CASPer Prep?

If money's an issue you don't have to buy Doing Right. I feel like that's just something everyone does cause it's the typical pre-med thing to do. I did the same last year, bought the book and read it but found the same things online, in a shorter and more condensed version. Here is one great source, they provide scenarios and examples too: http://www.cmaj.ca/site/misc/bioethics_e.xhtml

Make sure you practice a lot and here is a nice thread you should check out: 

On 9/24/2017 at 11:03 PM, s2MD said:

I'm a first year med student at Mac and happy to answer any questions about CASPer and share my experience now that I'm on the other side!

Just PM me.

Do you know how well you did on it in the end? I hear Mac is weighting it even more this year - any inside info? Thx in advance

On 9/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, Nimbles said:

Do you know how well you did on it in the end? I hear Mac is weighting it even more this year - any inside info? Thx in advance

I am pretty sure it is the same weighting as past years, don't see why they would lie on their admissions website.

On 9/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, Nimbles said:

No, I don't think anyone knows how they really did but I was able to get an interview despite having a lower GPA and CARS score.