Premed 101 Forums

Casper, Both French and English?

choghok

Hi everyone,

Since you have to take only ONE Casper test per application cycle, I was wondering if anyone here was applying to McMaster or McGill as well as French schools and want to write it in both English and French? 

I know that especially for McGill, they also accept French but my English is far better than my French and I do not want to lower my chances for McGill by writing the Casper in French. And I know McMaster does not accept French at all, so does anyone know how this works? 

Does Casper have exactly the same questions as TECT (French Casper) in a given year?

Thanks

I wrote it last year twice with no issues whatsoever: in French for Ottawa, in English for McMaster. I believe someone mentioned that McGill specifically stated that you could only take it once. If that is the case I suggest you contact McGill directly to explain the situation as it is kind of unfair to force students to take it in French if they also want to apply to both...

That being said, I'm not an applicant this year so I'm not familiar with how things are, but is the Tect taken through the same portal as the Casper, or is the Tect actually the French schools' version of Casper? If so, that should solve your problem. If not, contact McGill ASAP as it is possible that they simply didn't think about this scenario.

• 1 year later...

Archived