Premed 101 Forums

Chance me for Mac and Queens Please

On 2017-09-20 at 7:36 PM, lIlIlIIII said:

no one knows. I am just saying Queens looks for more holistic applicants

Queens is a black box. No one knows it they look holistically or not. Historically it was generally agreed upon that they looked for a 10, 10, 10 cutoff for all sections on the MCAT. This is eqivilant to a 127-128 on every section. The doesnt appear to still be true, but they may also not look at every section. Who knows? 

Maybe they look for whether or not you use the oxford comma in your ABS description? Maybe its magic? Maybe its Maybelline? 

I know its frustrating not knowing what they look for as an applicant. But the only way you will know if you have a chance is to apply. 

That being said, having a low CARS shoots you in the foot for Mac. They are pretty cut and dry about this.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:35 AM, Curiousaboutapps1 said:

Queens is a black box. No one knows it they look holistically or not. Historically it was generally agreed upon that they looked for a 10, 10, 10 cutoff for all sections on the MCAT. This is eqivilant to a 127-128 on every section. The doesnt appear to still be true, but they may also not look at every section. Who knows? 

Maybe they look for whether or not you use the oxford comma in your ABS description? Maybe its magic? Maybe its Maybelline? 

I know its frustrating not knowing what they look for as an applicant. But the only way you will know if you have a chance is to apply. 

That being said, having a low CARS shoots you in the foot for Mac. They are pretty cut and dry about this.

Does anyone know why Queens is so secretive, really frustrating!!!

Archived