Premed 101 Forums

Urgent Question about Meeting Eligibility

I did 5 years for my science undergrad and graduated with a bachelor of science. Last year, I started my 2nd undergraduate degree in bachelor of science in kinesiology. I've completed 1 year of that, and it'll take me another year to complete it. However, I'm taking a leave of absence this year so as of right now, I only have 1 year of that degree. On the website it says

"Since we require at least three years of undergraduate full-time studies in any program leading to the obtention of a bachelor degree in a recognized university within our eligibility requirements, we will only convert the most recent three years of studies pertinent to the bachelor program of studies of the candidates and not convert any undergraduate degree and/or certificate of one-year duration." 

Has anyone been in a similar situation and had their 1 year included in the GPA calculation? or will it simply not be included? I think I'm over-thinking it and it probably won't be but just want to hear if anyones been in a similar situation

Thank you in advance :) 

24 minutes ago, Bambi said:

Your studies are not of 1 year duration, you are taking a gap year and returning for another year of studies. However, why not contact adcoms directly for clarification if nobody here has had your exact situation.

Thank you for your response Bambi. :) I have sent an e-mail to admissions. Hopefully, they will include the year. Are they referring to degrees that are explicitly only 1 year in duration then? I will post an update here when I get a reply for future reference. If anyone else does have a similar experience, i would still like to hear. I'm not too sure if I'll hear back in time since they are probably getting swamped with questions

I think they're just saying they won't count degrees that don't lead to a 3/4 year bachelor's degree, which I know 100% is true of their policy. I am 99% certain your 1 year of study would be eligible provided it meets the full courseload requirements (4 in class courses/semester). But of course wait on admissions to give you the final answer!

Archived