Premed 101 Forums
Albs

Academic Explanations Essay: Urgent Question

Hey everyone, 

While fine-tuning my application, I realized that I may need to write an academic explanations at the last minute. I am hoping to get some opinions from you all before frantically doing so! 

On my transcript, I have one course withdrawal in the first semester of my first year of undergrad.  It was an extra course that I decided add to my schedule and decide whether I wanted to keep it after going to the first few classes. However, as a brand new uni student I was confused about when the add/drop deadline was and dropped the course 1 week after the deadline. I still maintained a full course load during this semester and it was not needed for my degree program. 

Any advice on whether I should write an academic explanations essay or not? If I do, the one caveat is that I have no receipt to validate the exact day I dropped the course. 

Please let me know your thoughts ASAP!

Thanks in advance :)

I am in this exact situation lol, but i am not sure what to put. Are you going to leave it or write it? I am thinking of not writing it because I still ave a full course load and i dont think ti would be major. What d you think?