Premed 101 Forums

Non-trad 2018/2019 applicant looking to hear your story!

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for the 2018/2019 cycle and MUN is my top choice. I'm 24, have NB residency, but am in NS to complete my master's (should complete around December). Most people I know in med school went to Dalhousie so I haven't heard much about what it's like applying/interviewing at MUN, especially as someone with a non-traditional route.

I'm looking to connect with non-traditional students who have been accepted. What was your trajectory towards medicine? How do you think your non-traditional journey to med school played into your experience applying, but especially interviewing, at MUN? 

All the best,
Emily 

17 hours ago, YesIcan55 said:

24 isint non-trad...it’s even below the average age of many medical schools...

True. I suppose I meant non-trad in the sense that I took a gap year after my undergrad and then began graduate studies. I think I've been listening to too many American pre-med podcasts, where anyone who doesn't enter med school after applying in their 3rd year of undergrad is considered non-trad haha.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, BWM92 said:

True. I suppose I meant non-trad in the sense that I took a gap year after my undergrad and then began graduate studies. I think I've been listening to too many American pre-med podcasts, where anyone who doesn't enter med school after applying in their 3rd year of undergrad is considered non-trad haha.

It's very much the norm now in Canada to take more years to increase chances.

• 11 months later...

Archived