Premed 101 Forums

CASPer - Dictation

Hey guys,

This is for a friend of mine: Does anyone know if we can dictate into our MacBook instead of typing the answer ? Are there any restrictions or guidelines in place for this ? It seems that it is possible from a technical perspective, when we do the system check on CASPer website. 

Thanks, 

Edit: Test was done. No further comments are needed. Thank you

Looked online for that same question, SDN and **DELETED** seem to be of the opinion that no you cannot unless you had some medical condition or something. Plus apparently the webcam is on the whole time, and one person wrote they contacted Altius and that was what they said. Take that how you will. Would have been nice but I'll go with the sure thing of typing.

10 hours ago, IMislove said:

Looked online for that same question, SDN and **DELETED** seem to be of the opinion that no you cannot unless you had some medical condition or something. Plus apparently the webcam is on the whole time, and one person wrote they contacted Altius and that was what they said. Take that how you will. Would have been nice but I'll go with the sure thing of typing.

Yeah, I'll be typing myself. imo, while typing, I can think of what my next statement(s) will be like and many other reasons. I told him that if this system fails for some reason during the test, there's no going back/redoing until the next year. 

I checked their terms and conditions and there was no where indicating that this is a wrong practice, yet again, it's up to whoever wants to take the risk = Autonomy lol

38 minutes ago, 2hopeful said:

I've heard of people doing CASPer in groups and those people got in so.. lol 

As long as I know, and I've taken the test two times now, there's 0% possibility for a group of ppl writing the test together at the same time. You barely have time to finish your answers, let alone discussing the possible approaches towards a scenario ! Ask those ppl if by CASPer, the mean CASPER, THE GHOST. They may be "doing" the ghost in group hahahah

5 hours ago, FiftyshadesofMD said:

As long as I know, and I've taken the test two times now, there's 0% possibility for a group of ppl writing the test together at the same time. You barely have time to finish your answers, let alone discussing the possible approaches towards a scenario ! Ask those ppl if by CASPer, the mean CASPER, THE GHOST. They may be "doing" the ghost in group hahahah

Haha. By group I mean they sign up for different times and try to help each other. I don't necessarily know if it's even helpful to have people speaking in your ear as you try to write CASPer. To each their own. 

Archived