Premed 101 Forums

Anything to Worry about for dropped course? Please help!

Hi,

So I am student who has just applied to McMaster University for Medical School this year. I am done all the courses for my undergrad, but just need to take a few courses to complete some prerequisites for American Schools in case I have to apply there next year. So I am taking just one course this semester (English) and three courses next semester (Psych, Physics, and English Part 2). My question is that when I sent my transcript to McMaster during the OMSAS application I had two courses this semester (English and Genetics) but I dropped Genetics very soon (I was only taking it if I didn't get into the Pysch course next semester as either one if fine for requirements and I wanted to focus on extracurriculars and finding work), so the transcript sent to them says i am taking Genetics but now I DROPPED genetics and its NOT on it anymore. Will this affect my chances at an interview or acceptance at all when they see this discrepancy in my two transcripts?? (CARS - 130 and GPA OMSAS 3.92 btw, hoping to get an interview and acceptance here this cycle VERY badly because it has also been a tough year personally (story for another time) ) 

THank you so much for your replied. This forum has helped me through a lot from MCAT to applications and CASPer. I hope all of you get an acceptance wherever you are looking for! Best wishes and thank you!

Edit: Please free to PM me if you cannot disclose something here! thank you!

Just now, YesIcan55 said:

130 and 3.92 is almost guarantee at an interview so good job. And no, this dropped course wont affect you in anyway. Current year grades are not even considered and plenty of people drop/change courses after submitting transcripts. 

Thank you YesIcan55! I did think that this should not effect it but I just wanted to make sure and put my mind at ease with the assurance of the knowledgeable people here at this forum. Now onto prepping hard for CASPer next week :) 

Archived