Premed 101 Forums

Interview Selection 2018 Cycle

On 2/1/2018 at 8:03 PM, MTHFR677 said:

This link goes to a PDF file from Dal Med and shows reports from all of the Assistant Deans.

The admissions info starts on page 28 of the PDF and I think you'll find it interesting. A table on page 29 shows that 275 folks were interviewed for the class of 2021 and breaks it down by pool.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:57 PM, LeafsFan89 said:

Wow this is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you very much for this and for taking the time to find it and post it!

Holy crap me too, I looked for a document with stats like this for so long and couldn't find one! Thank you so much MTHFR677!

P.S. Sorry to the mods, we spammed this thread so hard

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2018-02-01 at 8:03 PM, MTHFR677 said:

This link goes to a PDF file from Dal Med and shows reports from all of the Assistant Deans.

The admissions info starts on page 28 of the PDF and I think you'll find it interesting. A table on page 29 shows that 275 folks were interviewed for the class of 2021 and breaks it down by pool.

This is great, thanks so much for sharing! Do you happen to know if Munn has released a similar breakdown? I have not been able to find one thus far. 

20 hours ago, Aly55 said:

This is great, thanks so much for sharing! Do you happen to know if Munn has released a similar breakdown? I have not been able to find one thus far. 

To my knowledge no breakdown as detailed as this has ever been released by MUN.

The AFMC releases this “admissions requirement” document every year, and it was free up until this year. Not sure on the cost of it now though.

If memory serves, it’s about 250 interviewed at MUN and a little more than half of that are NL residents. 

2 hours ago, MTHFR677 said:

To my knowledge no breakdown as detailed as this has ever been released by MUN.

The AFMC releases this “admissions requirement” document every year, and it was free up until this year. Not sure on the cost of it now though.

If memory serves, it’s about 250 interviewed at MUN and a little more than half of that are NL residents. 

For the 2017 entering class, there were 130 Newfoundland/Labrador residents interviewed and 114 other residents of Canada interviewed for a total of 244 applicants interviewed. 

Archived