Premed 101 Forums

Course Selection 3rd Year MedSci Physiology

I am currently in my 2nd year of MedSci at Western. I was looking at some of the courses for the 3rd year physiology module. Other than the required courses, I have to take Classics to meet degree requirements. Are there any benefits to taking Classics 2200 or 2300? 

Also, I could use some advice or insight as to some of the courses available in the physiology module. I was particularly looking at Histo 3309 and Anatcell 3319. The schedule I have made so far for 3rd year includes Physiol 3140A, Physiol 3120, Physphrm 3000E. Any help on what other courses I could take would be appreciated!

10 hours ago, zziflipzz said:

I am currently in my 2nd year of MedSci at Western. I was looking at some of the courses for the 3rd year physiology module. Other than the required courses, I have to take Classics to meet degree requirements. Are there any benefits to taking Classics 2200 or 2300? 

Also, I could use some advice or insight as to some of the courses available in the physiology module. I was particularly looking at Histo 3309 and Anatcell 3319. The schedule I have made so far for 3rd year includes Physiol 3140A, Physiol 3120, Physphrm 3000E. Any help on what other courses I could take would be appreciated!

I took classics 2200 and absolutely loved it! I am taking like 5 classics courses this year because I loved it so much. I am taking 2300 right now and I find that its quite simple but definitely harder to love just because the information is not as interesting but its still good and all the midterms/exams are noncumulative (2200 final is cumulative but I didn't find it hard). You really need to do the readings for 2200 to get a 90 but 85+ without the readings is very doable. 

Ive taken all the courses you listed except physpharm3000E. I loved all of them! All the courses are really good but a lot of work and memorization so don't take them lightly. 3120 was probably the hardest out of them just because of the cumulative final and LOTS of information. You honestly can't go wrong with any of these courses the questions are very fair and the exams are honestly not overly difficult 

Took Classics 2300 two years ago and heard good things about Classics 2200. 90+ for 2300 was very doable (mid-90s as well) and there were no required readings (although they did test a question from a reading that became a bonus question). They changed the professor for 2300 but the current professor is still good based on hearsay. 2200 is anecdotally harder than 2300 but 90+ is still very possible. 

I loved Histo 3309. You'll get good marks if you put in the work. I learned a lot (and I still use the knowledge in professional school that they taught in 3309 - in fact 3309 was more comprehensive than the introduction to histology course I currently take) and found it interesting to learn about why biology is organized the way it is in our bodies.

PM me if you have more questions

23 hours ago, youknownothing95 said:

I took classics 2200 and absolutely loved it! I am taking like 5 classics courses this year because I loved it so much. I am taking 2300 right now and I find that its quite simple but definitely harder to love just because the information is not as interesting but its still good and all the midterms/exams are noncumulative (2200 final is cumulative but I didn't find it hard). You really need to do the readings for 2200 to get a 90 but 85+ without the readings is very doable. 

I got over 90% in 2200 last year without a single reading, but I heard the prof changed this year so I don't know if that will stay the same

Archived