Premed 101 Forums

Custom CV

Valkyrie

Hello,

For the program specific Custom CVs, could someone provide some insight into how one should tailor towards a specific program? And how much should this custom CV differ from the generic CaRMS CV that everybody enters online?

Lastly, is it generally agreed that one should only include extra-curricular activities post-undergraduate?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I included most activities since starting undergraduate (while weeding out insignficant ones).

For custom CV, I tailored mine to a specific discipline by having a "Relevant XXXX specialty experience" section right up front after electives. I also gave a a 2-3 sentence explanation of what I learned and got out of each of my XXXX specialty electives and shadowing experiences. Under research and employement details, I expanded quite a lot on those related to to the discipline I was applying to while being very curt with those that were not related. Essentially this made it so that if I gave my CV to somebody that didn't know me, it was clear that I had a keen interest in, and was applying to, radiology. 

Archived