Premed 101 Forums

November 2017 DAT Thoughts

Unless they release the scores on a certain day, I'm guessing there's somewhat of a chance we get our marks tomorrow? Last years DAT was November 5th and the scores were released December 12th according to the 2016 thread. So it'll be the same number of days. Either way, should finally be this week

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WE WUZ KANGZ said:

Yes pls listen to this guy. You guys give me anxiety and I'm already in dental school. Relaxing a bit will go a long way towards your mental health so you can keep up the grind 

if u dont mind me asking, why are u keeping up with this thread if ur already in dental school?

3 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

if u dont mind me asking, why are u keeping up with this thread if ur already in dental school?

Not to answer on his/her behalf, but off the top of my head, to reach out to some of us and provide support in terms of what we need to know throughout our application cycle, which is definitely something that I very much appreciate...

9 hours ago, Driillzz said:

I usually just check around with random threads but sometimes I find people with actual questions or concerns that I might be able to help with. Also lets applicants ask me things if they have any questions that they might not feel as comfortable making a whole thread about. Also my comment above if you couldn't tell was actually serious because I do think as an applicant you're already stressed out enough so it really helps to tone it down so that you can try your best to think clearly at all times

46 minutes ago, bardownbingo said:

Waiting for DAT scores is getting unbearable... I can't handle it anymore loool

I know all of you are telling us to chill out but it's easier said than done haha

Not sure about people's situations here but I was so focused on my undergrad and finals that I kind of just forgot about DAT marks until they popped up in my email one day. I can understand it might be a harder if you're not in school/ done finals

7 hours ago, WE WUZ KANGZ said:

Not sure about people's situations here but I was so focused on my undergrad and finals that I kind of just forgot about DAT marks until they popped up in my email one day. I can understand it might be a harder if you're not in school/ done finals

You definitely weren't focused enough in micro today and decided to post on this forum...

2nd year student here... first time doing DAT 

Bio: 20 

Chem : 22 

AA: 21 

PAT: 21 

RC: 21 

MDT: 9 LOL

Honestly I thought I would get like below 20 in all sections but it turned out better than I'd expected. Did not study for Bio/ Chem and focused solely on PAT, RC and MDT as I was going for UofA. 

There goes UofA though...... I guess I'll just apply to Uoft text year

Should I retake the DAT for Uoft? I'm in province and my gpa thus far including this semester is 3.98. I think I might land an interview but not get an admission due to my horrible interview skills. 

RC: 25

BIO: 25

CHEM: 26

AA: 25

PAT: 19

Knew my PAT would be low because I had to plainly guess on 9; I was stupid to waste time on rock keyholes, should've just skipped them and secured easier points.

Anyone know if this is enough for an interview at UofT? I called and they said their 10% DAT component is a 50/50 composite of AA and PAT. I'm hoping I can make it to the interview and then leave the onus on my personality haha.

Archived