Premed 101 Forums

November 2017 DAT Thoughts

21 RC

21 AA

18 PAT 

Best two years for Western currently 92% rounded up and for UofT expecting mid 3.9 gpa after dropping my lowest year. Wondering how my terrible PAT score is going to affect my chances at getting an interview? Especially now that Western may consider any section of the DAT this year. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TeamOnodera said:

RC 25

PAT 22

MDT 23

Strictly focused on those for UofA.

Defs relieved I did better than last year. Now to focus on not taking a massive L(s) on my remaining finals for this sem. 

If u don’t mind, what we’re ur scores last year and what did u do to improve? Ur scores are awesome btw!

Didn't get an e-mail but my marks are up. And wow the scale really makes things unpredictable lol, thought I did way worse. Thought I bombed RC and would get <20 for sure because I wasn't very close to finishing and guessed a bunch. Also thought I bombed PAT but did alright.. Know I can do better though. Indifferent about Bio but for Chem I thought I'd get higher. Confident I knew every question but I guess I made silly mistakes.

RC 20

Bio 21

Chem 23

TS 22

AA 21

PAT 21

I'm ~2% below my province's school's admission average and the average overall DAT score for admitted students is 22. So I'll probably have to rewrite and bump my score 2+ points. Not sure if I should rewrite Feb or Nov though.. I'm taking a few classes next semester while I'll be completely free in Nov. It'd be nice to get it over with but I really don't want to write it 3 times cuz of the price. Have no idea which way to go rn.

1 hour ago, Driillzz said:

If u don’t mind, what we’re ur scores last year and what did u do to improve? Ur scores are awesome btw!

Thanks! 

I got 64 with these individual scores last year if I remember correctly: RC 21 MDT 20 and PAT 23. The morning of the test I had this playing in my head haha. I think rewriting it was much easier because I knew what to expect compared to my peers who were going in for the first time.  

RC: I think I got a bit lucky this year with the articles but I just straight up read more throughout the year to get used to...reading. 

MDT: obvs carved more soap but also brushed up on technique which marginally improved my score. I focused more on improving my the triangle & square ends and working on my notches and flutes overall. Plus for this year is that I didn't cut my hand and get blood on the soap like my 1st time through LOL

PAT: 1st time I did it I missed out on the last 3 questions but apparently I did better last year even with that included. I even had at least 10 minutes to spare by the time I finished this time so that probably means I rushed it and/or my technique still needs more work. For preparation I just used the resources that everyone else listed off on the forum such as Bootcamp, Crusher, IQ books even though they're pretty old but it's on paper, etc.

So that's what I did for the past year. Obviously these scores aren't the absolute greatest (I'm not at a perfect 90 but even then I'm not at 75+ either) so there's definitely better ways to approach it but that's what worked for me the 2nd Time Around. 

Archived