Premed 101 Forums

Accepted, waitlisted, rejected 2017-2018 (actual stats start on P8)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine 45 mins ago.

for stats purposes: 

IP

Non-trad (have a phd, no science background, way older that y'all and I have a kid)

GPA was crap in first 2 years of undergrad then I dropped out, worked for 3 years, and went back getting all As through to a phd. 

Lots of work experience in shelters, women's centers, and non-profits internationally and in Canada. 

Lots of volunteer experience in harm reduction, anti-poverty, and a bunch of other stuff.

MCAT was a hardcore squeaker at 500. 

Seriously people if i I can do it you all can. Never quit! It's my second time applying and last year I didn't even get an interview.

5 minutes ago, nontradmunmed said:

Got mine 45 mins ago.

for stats purposes: 

IP

Non-trad (have a phd, no science background, way older that y'all and I have a kid)

GPA was crap in first 2 years of undergrad then I dropped out, worked for 3 years, and went back getting all As through to a phd. 

Lots of work experience in shelters, women's centers, and non-profits internationally and in Canada. 

Lots of volunteer experience in harm reduction, anti-poverty, and a bunch of other stuff.

Seriously people if i I can do it you all can. Never quit! It's my second time applying and last year I didn't even get an interview.

Congratulations to you!

I still haven' heard back, so my chances are clearly very slim now. Was feeling discouraged leading up to this day, but now I'm feeling hopeless, really.

Rejected 

Time stamp: 2:02pm

IP

GPA: 86% undergrad

MCAT: 502 (123 CARS)

EC: volunteers at 2 locations weekly, extensive research background, 3 publications (2 first author, 1i second author)

Interview: felt bad for traditional and bombed 3 MMI. SJT: a lot of my answers were in between the 9 choices given

ACCEPTED!!! (After many tries)
timestamp: 9:55

IP

GPA: 3.5 Undergrad, 4.0 Grad

MCAT: 505 (CARS 130)

ECs: A ton of health related volunteering, leadership positions in most current volunteer positions. A ton of work experience, including clinical research. 

Interview: I felt good about 5/8 MMI and felt pretty good leaving the traditional, compared to previous years

SJT: Felt pretty good about it, finished it really quickly, but who knows!

Congrats to everyone else accepted, good luck to the waitlisters (I've been there twice - it's the worst), and good luck next year to everyone else! I've had a lot of disappointments, but today cancelled out ALL of that. Keep at it if you really want it, and you'll get in!

Waitlisted 

lP 

GPA: 80.4% (Nursing)

MCAT: 511 (128,128,127,128)

ECs: volunteering weekly with an organization for ~2 years, involvement in school society 

Employment: exposure to healthcare through employment in a nursing home/nursing degree

Interview: felt pretty good about the traditional, felt that 2 or 3 of the MMIs didn't go well

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, nontradmunmed said:

Got mine 45 mins ago.

for stats purposes: 

IP

Awesome, congratulations!  I also have a PhD and will be applying to MUN this coming September (although I am OOP) -- I would be interested to hear what you think about the interview process and if your age/experience seemed to really help you -- this is a great example of how MUN is so holistic in their selection process!  

Archived