Premed 101 Forums

Accepted, waitlisted, rejected 2017-2018 (actual stats start on P8)

I don't see them announcing a date unless they are absolutely sure the letters will be out by that day. Which is impossible in Newfoundland with snow storms and such. So I feel like they will be out within the first few days of March, and March 6th is the latest day in case something goes wrong. Who knows, I guess. Just speculating 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, MemUni said:

I don't see them announcing a date unless they are absolutely sure the letters will be out by that day. Which is impossible in Newfoundland with snow storms and such. So I feel like they will be out within the first few days of March, and March 6th is the latest day in case something goes wrong. Who knows, I guess. Just speculating 

I'd agree that that is probably the plan, but things can always go wrong. Look at Alberta - interviews were supposed to be out early this week, but probably won't be until next week because of (completely understandable) technical difficulties. 

6 minutes ago, nontradmunmed said:

Just double checking - I thought I read somewhere in this thread that invites/regrets go out via email, as well as a paper letter in the mail. is this correct?

That's how it's been the past few years. Everyone gets an email on the same day, and then the paper copies get sent by registered mail. The email you get basically just has a scanned copy of your letter attached.

7 minutes ago, illuminatice said:

I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that the NL seats were selected around 2-3 weeks ago. Why wait until March 6th to tell us <_<

As MemUni said, March 6 is probably an absolute latest in case of delays and storms. My guess is next week they’ll send emails.

I have a theory that they might delay letters because of the WHO conference on the March 3-4th weekend. I think a lot of people would drop out of the conference if letters came before, and since it's tied to the faculty of medicine, it might be a factor. 

That's also 100% speculation. 

1 hour ago, Rekabnire said:

I have a theory that they might delay letters because of the WHO conference on the March 3-4th weekend. I think a lot of people would drop out of the conference if letters came before, and since it's tied to the faculty of medicine, it might be a factor. 

That's also 100% speculation. 

I would be really disappointed if this were the case, it doesn't really seem fair to make a large majority of people to wait, especially since many of us are probably not involved. I am just hoping they are getting all the administrative things done and then they will send them out. 

I have to start booking flights to other interviews, but really want to know from MUN first since it is my first choice. But again, everything is just speculation and all we can do is just check our emails like crazy until it happens! I hope you are all maintaining your sanity lol 

24 minutes ago, Physiognomy said:

I have heard that the emails get sent out at different points throughout the day. For example, first the acceptance get sent out, then the waitlist, then rejections. Does anyone know approximate times they are each sent?

I am also wondering this! 

The WHO theory also reminded me of another thing to consider - the drop course date is March 1st. They could possibly be waiting for that to be passed. But I don't think that has been taken into consideration in the past, nor was the WHO conference last year. So I hope thats not the case this year.

It would be very good to know soon so that I can lock down my alternative plans, as I'm sure is the case for many of us. 

Every time I get an e-mail I freak out a little bit. I bet the admissions office is reading this thread and having a good chuckle at us lol. Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later, so all of us can stop refreshing this forum constantly :D 

Does anybody know if they are released alphabetically? They seemed to be for the interviews; I got my e-mail early in the day but then some people I know who have last names that start with letters later in the alphabet did not get theirs until the evening time! 

8 minutes ago, MemUni said:

Does anybody know if they are released alphabetically? They seemed to be for the interviews; I got my e-mail early in the day but then some people I know who have last names that start with letters later in the alphabet did not get theirs until the evening time! 

Last year they didn't seem to. One of the first letters to go out was an L- last name.

18 minutes ago, codo00191 said:

are we thinking next week for just NFLD or everywhere else as well? asking because I'm from NB and not sure if I'm ready to give up my ignorant bliss of still feeling like i have a chance haha.

Sorry mate, looks like we'll have to wait a little longer. I called in Jan and was told we would hear back early April, called again a few weeks ago and told late march..... :(

Archived