Premed 101 Forums

How is everyone feeling post interview? I am feeling pretty down about my MMIs and was wondering if anybody has any insight on MMIs or the chances of getting in with a strong traditional interview, and a strong remaining application? I really feel like I might have blew it. :( 

Depends on what is strong, I think my application is "strong" but who knows :P ?

I think a good traditional interview may offset a poor MMI score, a med student told me that he/she said "I dont know the answer to that" 4 times in a row in a station... so yeah thats all I can add

I am feeling okay! I thought my MMI went better than I thought it would and Traditional was alright, but it ended quite early, so I am not sure what to make of that??

Cannot stop just going over every little detail of it in my head and I am driving myself NUTS!

Good luck to all!

Ohmigod how are you not supposed to go over every detail of every moment of every interview and pick apart your answers??? It's driving me crazy. 

The first half of the traditional interview felt ok for me but towards the end I think my nerves took over and I kept answering too quickly and fairly surface level. As soon as I left I started kicking myself. 

My MMIs were better I think. I felt like I really killed in on most of them.  I actually had a couple of the interviewers in the stations say "great answer" as I was leaving but who knows if they were just saying that to fake me out. I hope being medium in traditional interview and very good in MMIs plus strong application ECs, autobiography, and letters will be enough to get me through. I am SO NERVOUS I have barely slept since the interview. Driving me batty!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 0:17 PM, Intermediate said:

They have a telephone in each and every room, and the screen shows it's recording... :unsure:

It was weird to see a telephone in what it should be the lunch room during the mmi right in front you. 

As far as I know this isn't true - I went to the interview training for med students (but didn't end up interviewing) and they told us they were using the telephones as timers/buzzers for the MMIs! No mention of recording applicants at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived