Premed 101 Forums

UBC English Requirement

Hi,

I have a question about english requirement for UBC.

I have completed my undergraduate degree and did not take English.

Is there a way I can fulfil this requirement? Can I take a course from Athabasca University?

Would it also be calculated as a part of my GPA even if I take it after I have completed my degree?

Not sure when prereq deadlines are and I'm surprised you didnt need an engl to graduate. But if you take other classes they will count to gpa if completed in the academic year prior to applying. ie: summer courses dont count in the year of your application. Just make sure they aren't all 'easy' classes - I dont think adcom likes that...

On 17/11/2017 at 10:04 AM, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

Not sure when prereq deadlines are and I'm surprised you didnt need an engl to graduate. But if you take other classes they will count to gpa if completed in the academic year prior to applying. ie: summer courses dont count in the year of your application. Just make sure they aren't all 'easy' classes - I dont think adcom likes that...

Yes.

13 hours ago, poslkdf said:

Other courses will count towards overall GPA even though I have already graduated from my degree?

At UBC, every single course you take counts towards your GPA, even if they are not taken as part of a degree (minus your worst year if you meet the requirements for GPA to be adjusted). 

• 4 years later...