Premed 101 Forums

UT Dentistry Chances

Your DAT scores look really good, congrats!! Unfortunately DAT is weighed much less than your GPA. In recent years the average GPA for interviews hovers around a 3.9. Keep in mind too that you are out of province, which is way more competitive since there are only up to 10 spots. That being said, you should apply if you truly want to. Don't let the statistics dissuade you because there are people who interview with under a 3.9.

Is that a 3.7 OMSAS? If you have completed 3 years of undergraduate studies and are in your 4th year, you can also remove your lowest scoring average from year 1 or 2. Also, if you're completing a thesis based masters you can get a GPA boost as well.

I would suggest double checking that 3.7 is indeed your applying GPA and then make the decision whether you want to spend the $275 or not.

The lowest GPA that I have heard of being accepted for the class of 2021 was a 3.80. Most of the people I have spoken to who are undergraduate applicants have closer to 3.95.

Apply and worst case, if you do not receive an invite, you can ask for your pre-interview ranking and see how far you were off from being interviewed.

Archived