Premed 101 Forums

4 hours ago, OT_2018 said:

Hey! 

I have not heard anything yet and neither has a friend who interviewed. I'm sure news will come out any day now.

Best of luck to you! 

Hey,

I haven't heard anything either! I did a lot of research though about their acceptances in the past and they usually come out within 2 weeks of the interview so I'm not feeling hopeful sadly. Hopefully I'm wrong!

5 hours ago, MultipleMeltdowns said:

I received an email from ORPAS after I responded to my offers of admission. It said that if I saw "unsubmitted", which I did, not to worry and that I had successfully accepted the offer. You also get locked out of your account for a day while they process your submission. If you haven't received an email or been locked out of your account, then you may not have accepted the offer. Just make sure that you hit the review and submit button, otherwise you have not actually accepted the offer yet.

btw locked out? do you mean like you can't log in at all? or can't see your application because I was able to log in but not do anything to my application.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, PTKam said:

Got waitlisted number #3 for PT at Queens @ 8:03AM. Fingers crossed! 

(Via email)

Hey! congrats! 

Any word from queens yet? im on their waitlist right after you! hoping to hear at some point today!

2 hours ago, PThopeful18 said:

Would it be in my best interest to call Queen's and Western to ask them how to improve for next year as I was rejected. I've heard others in here say that Queen's give you very good feedback 

You really should. I spoke to Kathy from Queen's today (I'm on the wailist), and she was so kind. My suggestion is to keep calling until you can get through to either her or Angela.

A phone call is always more personal and it shows dedication and of course it's worth knowing what you can do to strengthen your application for next year. This way you know you're on the right track.

Good Luck :) 

5 hours ago, ptpt said:

Hey! congrats! 

Any word from queens yet? im on their waitlist right after you! hoping to hear at some point today!

I called Queen's today and the waitlist is moving, Kathy told me that Friday is the deadline for those who were offered acceptance May 18th. She said on Monday, the waitlist will likely move more (and hopefully more in the following days). 

19 minutes ago, AWaldorf said:

I called Queen's today and the waitlist is moving, Kathy told me that Friday is the deadline for those who were offered acceptance May 18th. She said on Monday, the waitlist will likely move more (and hopefully more in the following days). 

Wasn’t the deadline last Friday for all Ontario schools? I was expecting waitlists to start moving today / this week. 

3 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

Wasn’t the deadline last Friday for all Ontario schools? I was expecting waitlists to start moving today / this week. 

I'm not too sure about last Friday, but this is what Kathy told me (maybe there is some sort of other deadline for a firm acceptance, not too sure). And the waitlist has indeed moved roughly 5 spots.

Just now, AWaldorf said:

I'm not too sure about last Friday, but this is what Kathy told me (maybe there is some sort of other deadline for a firm acceptance, not too sure). And the waitlist has indeed moved roughly 5 spots.

Ya I saw that in the other thread as well. Which must mean firm acceptances were last Friday June 1st (I believe this was the deadline on ORPAS) since the waitlist is moving.

2 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

Ya I saw that in the other thread as well. Which must mean firm acceptances were last Friday June 1st (I believe this was the deadline on ORPAS) since the waitlist is moving.

That makes more sense. I also read in the 2017 forum that someone got off the waitlist (#21) on June 15 (they received a call). So here's hoping we hear from them soon.

Best of luck :)

12 hours ago, ptpt said:

Hey! congrats! 

Hey,

Yes I got accepted to Queens PT today ( I got a phone call and an email)

(Waitlisted #3)

Good Luck to everyone on the waitlist, looking forward to meeting everyone at Queen's! 

On 6/1/2018 at 10:57 AM, OT_applicant_2018 said:

Hey all OT applicants, 

Wanted to check in again and see if anyone applying to OT at McGill has heard anything? The applicant guidebook says that they will send out the acceptance within six weeks.. feels like a long time to wait, especially for those that need to accept/decline other schools! 

Hey! 

I got a call today stating that they’re a bit behind but to hang tight and that emails will be sent out sometime this week!

so I guess we shall find out quite soon!