Premed 101 Forums

21 minutes ago, PTJunkie said:

What's your GPA if you dont mind me asking?

3.9\4.2 scale 

so you applied to Dal PT too right?

do you think that’s why we haven’t heard anything from the OT program cause they are waiting till we have our interviews?

lol I might be overthinking it  

1 hour ago, Happyness said:

3.9\4.2 scale 

so you applied to Dal PT too right?

do you think that’s why we haven’t heard anything from the OT program cause they are waiting till we have our interviews?

lol I might be overthinking it  

Probably not, I got my conditional (March 30), and official acceptance (April 4) for Dal OT already and I also applied to Physio. My GPA is 3.74/4.3

1 minute ago, OTmmns said:

Anyone accepted to Dal OT send an email to accept their offer? Wondering what you included in the email/ if I can confirm acceptance and still keep my options open to Ontario schools?

Dal OT FAQs say the nonrefundable deposit is due within 2 weeks of being accepted. So my guess is you have to pay that and then lose out on it if you change your mind. I think you can drop out whenever before Sept 1, but you won't get that deposit back. 

1 minute ago, AlexFox said:

Dal OT FAQs say the nonrefundable deposit is due within 2 weeks of being accepted. So my guess is you have to pay that and then lose out on it if you change your mind. I think you can drop out whenever before Sept 1, but you won't get that deposit back. 

I paid the deposit already! Just curious whether I should email to confirm I will possibly be attending, even if I am still awaiting the verdict of Ontario schools?

Just now, OTmmns said:

I paid the deposit already! Just curious whether I should email to confirm I will possibly be attending, even if I am still awaiting the verdict of Ontario schools?

hmm I'd say just say you've accepted it? I mean, they probably expect a bunch of people will say that and then change their mind. You wouldn't want to risk anything otherwise! Someone else who's already been accepted might know better though. Maybe try posting in 2017/2016 threads?  or checking to see if someone said?

I called yesterday and my application won't be reviewed until May bc I'm still doing my prereqs ! 

5 minutes ago, AlexFox said:

hmm I'd say just say you've accepted it? I mean, they probably expect a bunch of people will say that and then change their mind. You wouldn't want to risk anything otherwise! Someone else who's already been accepted might know better though. Maybe try posting in 2017/2016 threads?  or checking to see if someone said?

I called yesterday and my application won't be reviewed until May bc I'm still doing my prereqs ! 

Very true! Thanks. Best of luck to you!

9 hours ago, DalOT* said:

I got my letter for Dal OT today and was waitlisted anyone know the movement of the wait list from last year ??

I got an email yesterday that I placed on the waitlist as well. I spoke to a friend that is currently in the OT class and she said there were a ton of people accepted after Ontario schools and PT programs released their offers. So there's hope for us!! I also know someone who was accepted off the waitlist at the end of July so there seems to be movement happening all the time. Good luck, I hope to see you at dal in the fall!! 

39 minutes ago, DalOT* said:

Okay perfect! I know you can’t call and ask your placement on the waitlist but do you know if we can call and see what the movement is like ?? What was your gpa and your anatomy and physiology gpa if you don’t mind me asking !!

They won't tell you anything about movement, and in fact a few days before the first day of school last year the requirement woman said "it's not over until it's over", frustrating I know! Just have to be patient, and know that many PT applicants also do OT as plan B, so once they start getting offers, the waitlist will move quickly!

1 hour ago, DalOT* said:

Okay perfect! I know you can’t call and ask your placement on the waitlist but do you know if we can call and see what the movement is like ?? What was your gpa and your anatomy and physiology gpa if you don’t mind me asking !!

From what I have heard they don't really give any information on movement which is so frustrating!! My cGPA is 3.51 and sGPA is 3.8, I'm not sure which of those dal looks at. My anatomy GPA was 4.0 and physiology was 3.7. All on 4.0 scale!

On 4/6/2018 at 11:47 AM, KTPT said:

I had a similar dilemma last year. If you contact Kathy Grant they will resolve the issue. 

What was the outcome and how should I elaborate it? I don't want them to say its too late. I know I have a strong application but I don't want to sound like I am entitled. I just deserve the chance to be looked at. @KTPT