Premed 101 Forums

@MacQueensPT In my case, I discovered despite the error on my transcript I still made the cut off. When I contacted Kathy she said because I already made the cut off, that they weren't going to acknowledge the discrepancy. Which was frustrating because I ended up getting waitlisted and ultimately not getting in. Therefore the discrepancy could have been the different between me getting off of the waitlist or not. There is no harm in calling. 

1 hour ago, ma.ot said:

if waitlisted, does anyone know if we need to confirm our place on the waitlist or we will just remain on it unless we decide to remove ourselves?

Not sure if this applies to all schools, when I got waitlisted for McMaster's OT MMI invite, I just remained on the waitlist and didn't have to confirm to stay on the waitlist. I'm sure emailing the school will help you remove yourself from the list. I only had to send a confirmation once I was offered an interview invite. 

3 minutes ago, RMT.OTHopeful said:

I got waitlisted today. I haven't submitted my physiology transcript yet as I won't be finished til the end of May. Is this something that affects admission? Or is the fact that I got my email this late mean I'm super far down on the waitlist?

at DAl?

I called them last week and they told me that since I don't have any marks for PHYL or ANAT they hadn't looked at my application yet and to send my marks as soon as they were released (yesterday). I'm hoping to hear soon. 

So I'm not sure about waitlist placement, but It seems like they haven't looked at everyones applicatons yet so not sure how they can be fully ranking waitlists yet?

1 minute ago, AlexFox said:

at DAl?

I called them last week and they told me that since I don't have any marks for PHYL or ANAT they hadn't looked at my application yet and to send my marks as soon as they were released (yesterday). I'm hoping to hear soon. 

So I'm not sure about waitlist placement, but It seems like they haven't looked at everyones applicatons yet so not sure how they can be fully ranking waitlists yet?

Yeah, I applied at Dal. I'm a NS resident. I just got an email informing me of the waitlist. I'm finishing up my prerequisites online but I find how they communicate everything is confusing. I was told by the recruiter that if I am waitlisted I will never get in and she told me to take my time with my prerequisites. She claimed it wouldn't affect my acceptance but clearly it can. I noted someone earlier with a lower GPA than myself that got in. I really don't understand the process.

18 minutes ago, RMT.OTHopeful said:

Yeah, I applied at Dal. I'm a NS resident. I just got an email informing me of the waitlist. I'm finishing up my prerequisites online but I find how they communicate everything is confusing. I was told by the recruiter that if I am waitlisted I will never get in and she told me to take my time with my prerequisites. She claimed it wouldn't affect my acceptance but clearly it can. I noted someone earlier with a lower GPA than myself that got in. I really don't understand the process.

yeah, i don't really understand it either. There are other folks who weren't done their courses that got waitlisted, but I hadn't heard anything (waitlist, acceptance or rejection) so I am totally unsure. I was worried that the fact my courses weren't done would affect me too but she said no? but I don't know for sure..

What is your GPA if you don't mind me asking (and the one of the person who got in?)

2 minutes ago, kin2018 said:

I am still completing one physiology pre req and I got waitlisted last week. I was never informed of having to send in my pre req marks once they were completed. 

I don't think you HAVE to, she just said "send me an email when they're out so I can look at them right away" and I was like ok... gonna do that!! but she said there were lots of people in my situation and they'd be looked at during the "next round". Which I don't know what that means or how waitlist works with that. one thought is that they waitlisted people and then maybe will take some off the waitlist during this round too?

1 minute ago, AlexFox said:

I don't think you HAVE to, she just said "send me an email when they're out so I can look at them right away" and I was like ok... gonna do that!! but she said there were lots of people in my situation and they'd be looked at during the "next round". Which I don't know what that means or how waitlist works with that. one thought is that they waitlisted people and then maybe will take some off the waitlist during this round too?

Yeah I’m not really sure how it works!! It’s kind of annoying because it seems very random! But here’s to hoping! 

2 minutes ago, AlexFox said:

My GPA is a 3.78 and the only prereq I submitted so far is a 4.3 in anatomy. I think I saw someone post an acceptance with a 3.74 GPA. Who told you to send them an email right away with the marks? I feel like it will take forever for me to submit my final transcript for physiology so if I can just email them when I get the mark for the exam I'll just do that.