Premed 101 Forums

UWO 3/5 rule issue

have you considered multiple schools? all that matters is the credit, don't think its a requirement to be full time at one school, can be part time as a special student at 2/3 schools just as long as you fulfil the 3/5 rule, you could ask to verify if this is allowed but should be . so if you did online courses at Carleton/queens (theses are some schools i know have upper level courses online, there could be more. but most need prerequisites which you can email your transcript in to verify )

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-22 at 10:59 AM, abouttimeijoined said:

have you considered multiple schools? all that matters is the credit, don't think its a requirement to be full time at one school, can be part time as a special student at 2/3 schools just as long as you fulfil the 3/5 rule, you could ask to verify if this is allowed but should be . so if you did online courses at Carleton/queens (theses are some schools i know have upper level courses online, there could be more. but most need prerequisites which you can email your transcript in to verify )

Is that actually true?? I seem to recall something about it that you had to be full time at one school and anything taken elsewhere had to be under a LOP (letter of permission) / inter-university agreement and count towards your degree...

12 hours ago, Like a breeze said:

Is that actually true?? I seem to recall something about it that you had to be full time at one school and anything taken elsewhere had to be under a LOP (letter of permission) / inter-university agreement and count towards your degree...

Its might be different for each school but I know mine does not need LOP from non-degree/special students but for the course to count has to be from one of the approved (small list) of other universities that they accept transfer credits from.

Archived