Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
MDLaval

2018 CaRMS Interview -- DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

And so it begins. The waiting game one more time.

Good luck to all of us and I sincerely wish that come March 1st we should all have our dream come true. :)

Edited by ArchEnemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MDLaval2017 said:

And so it begins. The waiting game one more time.

Good luck to all of us and I sincerely wish that come March 1st we should all have our dream come true. :)

indeed - good luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing everyone coming here in the coming months!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel stress necessarily, but rather more of a psychological restlessness... Probably due to the inability to predict future elation or depression ...
One minute I feel confident, the other minute I'm doubting my application
Lol is March here yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peede said:

I don't feel stress necessarily, but rather more of a psychological restlessness... Probably due to the inability to predict future elation or depression ...
One minute I feel confident, the other minute I'm doubting my application
Lol is March here yet

Totally this. Sleeping really poorly for the last 2-3 weeks which is extremely uncharacteristic for me even in stressful periods. Particularly given how exhausted I feel in the first place. This is different.... Hang in there! I'll send you positive, restful vibes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ughh and Carms is such a money sink-hole for cautious applicants.. I applied to like 10 family medicine sites at one program because each site is considered an individual application...... I'm pretty sure I didn't need to apply to that many... but just in case.. hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peede said:

Ughh and Carms is such a money sink-hole for cautious applicants.. I applied to like 10 family medicine sites at one program because each site is considered an individual application...... I'm pretty sure I didn't need to apply to that many... but just in case.. hahah

at least in Ontario that is what all the money from the OMA bursary was for. The goal was to neutralize CARMS costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, peede said:

Ughh and Carms is such a money sink-hole for cautious applicants.. I applied to like 10 family medicine sites at one program because each site is considered an individual application...... I'm pretty sure I didn't need to apply to that many... but just in case.. hahah

I really don't understand why they work like that. I fail to see why applicants couldn't apply to all the sites within one FM program and have it considered as one single application instead of the way it is now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDLaval2017 said:

I really don't understand why they work like that. I fail to see why applicants couldn't apply to all the sites within one FM program and have it considered as one single application instead of the way it is now...

They could - I think part of it is there is more complex selection processes for such multiple site programs and also it is just a pain in the ass for them to change their software. Not exactly a great explanation mind you. Plus they don't really have anyone stressing them out about correcting it. At least not currently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

They could - I think part of it is there is more complex selection processes for such multiple site programs and also it is just a pain in the ass for them to change their software. Not exactly a great explanation mind you. Plus they don't really have anyone stressing them out about correcting it. At least not currently

The way it is right now creates some weird situations. I have friends applying to several FM sites at Laval and Sherbrooke but PDs said candidates could send the same letter to all sites of the same program.

Imagine someone applying to the Gaspé site and sending a letter explaining why they want so much to do FM in Quebec City or Lévis... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MDLaval2017 said:

The way it is right now creates some weird situations. I have friends applying to several FM sites at Laval and Sherbrooke but PDs said candidates could send the same letter to all sites of the same program.

Imagine someone applying to the Gaspé site and sending a letter explaining why they want so much to do FM in Quebec City or Lévis... lol

ha that is messy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So question from a CaRMS noob. If someone posts a school I applied to in the 2018 invitation discussion ... how long should I wait to think "shit I didn't get an invite from that program"? Is there usually a turn around to send out all invites once the initial messages start going out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dirk Diggler said:

So question from a CaRMS noob. If someone posts a school I applied to in the 2018 invitation discussion ... how long should I wait to think "shit I didn't get an invite from that program"? Is there usually a turn around to send out all invites once the initial messages start going out?

I was told some programs have a "waitlist" for interviews. If someone turns down their invitation, they call someone from that list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the program.. I remember last year someone thought they didn't get a family medicine program because it was posted, but it turned out that the program sent invites out in batches (like days if not weeks later).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...