Premed 101 Forums

2018 CaRMS Interview -- DISCUSSION

MDLaval

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Borborygmi said:

Hoping for some advice. Was offered a spot at McGill for an interview for neurology. Both of their interview dates overlap--first date with Queen's, second with Western. Has anyone had experience with being able to travel in a single day for two interviews? Would this be feasible between Montreal and Kingston?

It would seem that wouldn't be possible between Montreal and London. Any thoughts?

With all the road work in Montreal and the chaotic traffic there (not to mention the possibility of snowstorm/freezing rain)? I don't think it's doable. Too risky and you'll probably end up missing the 2nd interview of the day.

5 minutes ago, M0118 said:

Anyone know if Western Family sends out interview invites in batches? Or does it mean you're rejected if you didn't hear today?

Idk the answer to this, but I will assume that I am rejected if I don't hear from them by Dec 19th, which is the date their portal opens up to select interview dates

12 minutes ago, Borborygmi said:

Honestly, I'm sort of questioning the Western invites. A very strong neuro candidate I know in my class who did an elective in Western has not heard back. Neither have my classmates or I. I feel that the invitations post may have maybe been premature.

I'm questioning myself too about 2 other programs invites posted...

Some info that IMGs may find useful:

I'm an IMG applying to (among others) McGill FM, and was concerned about not getting an interview (despite what I felt was a strong application), as I saw on the inivitations thread that invites went out a few days ago. Spoke to the program admin and they explained the IMG files are reviewed separately (currently underway) so their interviews haven't been sent out yet. I assume this is probably the case (separate IMG review and interview invites) for a number of programs and sites.

22 hours ago, Dermviser said:

Any news on McGill family medicine (urban)? All invites sent out... or are they doing batches?

I think Mcgill family medicine is sent out in batches. I received an invite this morning (a few days after it was posted in the interview thread)

Archived