Premed 101 Forums

2018 CaRMS Interview -- DISCUSSION

MDLaval

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Let'sGo1990 said:

Any word on queens neurology?

Noper! Last year, the invite came out on December 19 from Queen's. Not that that means anything. I'm sure things will be released in the near future. We are lucky with neurology coming out so fast this year. I'm thankful. Going through all of those applications would be a lot of work. Particularly with this year seeming to have at least as many applicants as last year based on the information I've heard.... 

I always read in threads and was always told in private conversations that CaRMS is a weird animal, a different beast, but it's not until you actually live through it you really understand the full meaning of it.

Got an email from a program saying they had "mishandled" my file, a million apologies and saying that I should had been invited for an interview, thus they were sending the invite now. 

Has anyone gone through anything like that before? Talk about weirdness...

1 hour ago, MDLaval said:

I always read in threads and was always told in private conversations that CaRMS is a weird animal, a different beast, but it's not until you actually live through it you really understand the full meaning of it.

Got an email from a program saying they had "mishandled" my file, a million apologies and saying that I should had been invited for an interview, thus they were sending the invite now. 

What specialty was this?

2 hours ago, MDLaval said:

Yes what specialty was this, I'm curious! 

Also, anyone else HAVEN'T heard back from Dalhousie ObGyn yet?  It's been a week since appearing in the threads....do they batch that far apart?

On 12/22/2017 at 9:03 AM, MDLaval said:

Something like this happened to me when applying to medical school. Did not receive an invitation or rejection for a few days after batches were sent out. I had to reach out to correct the mistake.

1 hour ago, DermDermDermDerm said:

Something like this happened to me when applying to medical school. Did not receive an invitation or rejection for a few days after batches were sent out. I had to reach out to correct the mistake.

Had something like this happen to me with MUN Ortho 2 years back....they claimed they were missing a file which made no sense because i double checked...either way sent them via express mail....never heard back...later got an email that went to junk (after interviews were ALREADY done)....when i contacted them, they refused to help.

59 minutes ago, Chimichuri said:

Has any one had rejections from MUN or McGill Anesthesia? I see them in thread of interviews sent out, haven’t heard from either and both are supposed to notify all applicants either way. 

MUN actually only notifies successful applicants according to the CaRMS program description - they came out sometime last week. McGill came out with offers Friday morning and you had to call the program co-ordinator to schedule a slot, so I'm not sure if they would do rolling interview offers. 

4 hours ago, aspirant said:

has anyone heard either way  from pediatrics at U of S or Western university ( London).

did receive rejection emails from Uof T, Manitoba, Mc gill, Queen's, ottawa ( peds)

For your rejection from Manitoba (peds), did they mention anything about putting you on a waitlist?

3 hours ago, moonwalker2099 said:

thoughts of emailing program coordinators for reconsideration ?? Was thinking about doing this  Frowned upon? Has it worked?

Hmmm. I'm not sure how fruitful it would be. I suppose, if you've already been cut out from an interview, it's not going to hinder things and it shows sincere interest. I do know of a person that approached the program director following a rejection and later received an interview only days before the interview date. I think they even landed in the program.

11 hours ago, Borborygmi said:

Hmmm. I'm not sure how fruitful it would be. I suppose, if you've already been cut out from an interview, it's not going to hinder things and it shows sincere interest. I do know of a person that approached the program director following a rejection and later received an interview only days before the interview date. I think they even landed in the program.

Was this in a competitive program? Would you mind sharing what program?

Archived