Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwgswgvgv

Cumulative GPA Calculation

Recommended Posts

I am a re-applicant from Ontario as well. My GPA last year at Alberta was a 3.93 but this year is a 3.83, would anyone know why with the exact same transcript, my GPA would be so much lower? Should I be contacting the admissions office ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mia1234 said:

I am a re-applicant from Ontario as well. My GPA last year at Alberta was a 3.93 but this year is a 3.83, would anyone know why with the exact same transcript, my GPA would be so much lower? Should I be contacting the admissions office ?

Out of an abundance of caution and as this seems most strange, I would contact adcoms directly and bring to their attention that apparently for no reason your GPA calculation at Alberta has mysteriously dropped from 3.93 to 3.83 in their estimation, whereas there are no new facts. I would also attach evidence of their calculation of your GPA last cycle and this cycle, both calculations with the same transcript(?). In other words. too much evidence/information is better than less information - so they have all the facts before them. I would do this as soon as possible.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bambi said:

Out of an abundance of caution and as this seems most strange, I would contact adcoms directly and bring to their attention that apparently for no reason your GPA calculation at Alberta has mysteriously dropped from 3.93 to 3.83 in their estimation, whereas there are no new facts. I would also attach evidence of their calculation of your GPA last cycle and this cycle, both calculations with the same transcript(?). In other words. too much evidence/information is better than less information - so they have all the facts before them. I would do this as soon as possible.   

Thank you for the suggestion, I have actually done just that. Hopefully I get a response soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mia1234 said:

Thank you for the suggestion, I have actually done just that. Hopefully I get a response soon. 

contact the registrar, not the md admissions team. it seems like the U of A registrar's office is the one who calculates/processes gpa/transcripts for the md admissions team. let us know what you find out! 

by the way, your 3.93, was that average of all 4 years, with worst year removed? 

was the 3.83 all 4 years without the worst year removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bclionsfan said:

contact the registrar, not the md admissions team. it seems like the U of A registrar's office is the one who calculates/processes gpa/transcripts for the md admissions team. let us know what you find out! 

by the way, your 3.93, was that average of all 4 years, with worst year removed? 

was the 3.83 all 4 years without the worst year removed?

Thank you for the heads up, I will try and contact the registrar's office instead. 

Also, I am not sure as both were just the published grades but I believe they were with the worst years removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 1:50 PM, mia1234 said:

I am a re-applicant from Ontario as well. My GPA last year at Alberta was a 3.93 but this year is a 3.83, would anyone know why with the exact same transcript, my GPA would be so much lower? Should I be contacting the admissions office ?

A = A+ = 4.00 at UofA still right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Livinalberta said:

So up early this AM.  Just checked my app and my cGPA has not posted.  Time to send an email to Admissions.  Anyone else not had their GPA posted?

Mine hasn't been posted yet either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...