Premed 101 Forums

US allopathic medical school that have no prereqs

Bawgg

Well guys, as the title says, would anybody know the names if all/most US allopathic medical school that have no prereqs, and have a holistic selection process. Ihavent taken bio, chem, or physics at uni but I have self studies these courses and did pretty well on the MCAT too.

I am an unconventional, Canadian premed and wanted to apply to the US this coming year. I could use your help. Thank you

Only a subset of schools are Canadian friendly in the first place, and the vast majority require pre-reqs. Can't think of a Canadian friendly school that doesnt require pre-reqs.

If you want to go to a US med school, put your head down and take the pre-reqs by distance ed if you have to. Should be a breeze especially considering you already self studied and did well on the MCAT.

2 hours ago, bearded frog said:

Canadian institutions are much more forward-thinking when it comes to pre-reqs.

To be fair, basic science in Years 1/2 in Canada is much less on minutae compared to the US. So i can see how having some biochem and such would be helpful in the U.S.

I will say the traditional pre-reqs are pretty pointless (chem, physics etc) from a medical perspective. Sure helps here and there (looking at you hendersen hasselbach and drug ADME), but things like anatomy and physiology are better pre-reqs if youre going to force it.

• 2 months later...

Archived