Premed 101 Forums

Interview Preparation

Now that everyone has their DAT scores and all admissions deadlines have past, I thought it was a good time to start thinking about interviews. I don't want to count my chickens before the invites, but I'd like to be prepared and have a polished interview. For everyone who has had an interview (successful or not!) what methods did you use to prepare? I only applied to schools who I believe are doing an MMI format.

Were there any books or videos or any online resources you used? Unfortunately I just don't have enough money to pay for a big prep course like BeMo or Astroff, so I kind of have to put it together on my own. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

A highly recommend checking with your school and what resources they have available. They often have interview workshops and mock interviews that are really helpful. They also usually have those med school interview dvds which I've seen some people use even though we're not exactly answering med interview questions. Good luck and start early!

9 hours ago, rickardo and mortimer said:

Wow! You really seem to have your life together already. I was thinking about doing the same thing too IF i am lucky enough to get an interview. 

It doesn't hurt to be prepared, I want this very badly so I'm starting early! Not sure if I will get an interview either, best of luck to you!!

The prep courses are really not necessary not to mention that break the bank. The best thing you can possible do is practice MMIs with strangers. You can either find people in your area that are also prepping for interviews or simply go to the medical school forums on this site and usually groups form that get together and run mock MMI scenerarios. It really gets you prepared because it puts you under the exact constraints you would face in the actual interview. Because practicing in front of your computer screen or recording yourself with your friends or family just does not reproduce the stressful environment. 

Archived