Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interview Invites/regrets 2017/2018

kiterunner

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MedP111 said:

How do we upload the NDA on Minerva and confirm that we'll be attending the interview? Do we download some forms off of somewhere or wait for them to send something to us? Anyone received an email yet?

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/mdis

For all those invited, follow instructions here! Good luck! 

EDIT: @MedP111 You should be able to download the form from the website: "NDAC Non-Disclosure Form for MMI Candidates"  

12 minutes ago, la marzocco said:

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/mdis

For all those invited, follow instructions here! Good luck! 

EDIT: @MedP111 You should be able to download the form from the website: "NDAC Non-Disclosure Form for MMI Candidates"  

Thanks so much!

4 minutes ago, canada747 said:

Did you guys get emails? Or did you just get a status switch on Minerva?

Mine says "further review required" and then "Medicine Interview Session" in the checklist. Does this mean I got an interview???

Yup, interview :D Congrats! 

24 minutes ago, MedP111 said:

How do we upload the NDA on Minerva and confirm that we'll be attending the interview? Do we download some forms off of somewhere or wait for them to send something to us? Anyone received an email yet?

I think we will receive an official e-mail with all the instructions either tonight or tomorrow. Congrats!

TIME STAMP: around 1pm when I checked Minerva
Result: Invite :')
wGPA: 3.93 undergrad, 4.00 during my masters
MCAT: no
ECs: mainly research (lab work, scholarships, international congresses, supervising undergrad interns); did some volonteering in my association étudiante during undergrad; advanced classical music formation; cat rescue and couple of other things.
Year: Last year of masters 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: No

CASPER: I think I did at least okay.... I was able to answer every questions, and although I was not satisfied with some answers I felt good with most of them. Also, I deduced from a past application that I can perform well on that test (I was waitlisted last year in a program I wasn't suppose to be in the competitive range).

I'm sooo happy I've been dreaming about that day for so long! :D:D:D 

All right, well this is a first for me, after 5 long years but I can't be more excited. For those who didn't get it this year, I suffer with you, I know how it feels but don't give up, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end!

TIME STAMP: 3:45 pm 
Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.80
MCAT: 514
ECs: Lots of different volunteering activities, shadowing, sports teams, student association, worked on average 20h/week during my BSc which might have given me a better score than my GPA would suggest, etc.
Degrees : A BA in classical music and a BSc Biochemistry. I am now doing my MSc in a special intensive 1 year program which might have just been the key to getting an interview for me (PM me if you want to know more).

Casper : Felt ok, wasn't too sure about it but didn't think it would hold me back.

Feel free to write to me if you want any extra details!!

TIME STAMP: No idea when it got updated, but I checked it this morning Korean Standard Time (so confusing)
cGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 515
ECs: PM
Year: Completed B.Sc in Honours Psych in 2017

CASPer: I didn't practice at all; I just skimmed Doing Right. I had no idea how I did after, and I felt like CASPer could ruin my chances... But I think doing the McGill MMI last year really helped (I got waitlisted last year), because it kinda felt like a mini/condensed online MMI.

TIME STAMP: 9:55PM EST

Result: Invite! MD / PhD Program 
cGPA: 3.94
MCAT 510 (129 / 127 / 128 / 125)
ECs: Varied! 
Year: Undergrad 2014 ; MSc 2016 ; Working research professional 

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Letter of EC: Yes

CASPer: Good but missed a number of the last questions on scenarios. It's tough! 

TIME STAMP: 2-3pm
wGPA: 4.0 (2nd undergrad)
MCAT: 518 submitted
ECs: See previous posts
Year: 2nd year out of 2nd undergrad

Casper: 4th time writing it and it felt like this was my best performance.

I realized that my undergrad is considered a "professional program" which I believe allotted me more points in the "academic context" part of the pre-interview score. Last year I was ranked 124/704 in the "academic score", and 99/704 total score. With the extra boost from the professional program, and the boost from my CASPer performance (IMO) compared to the essays I wrote last year, I think it explains why I received an interview this year.

15 minutes ago, Jfourn said:

I realized that my undergrad is considered a "professional program" which I believe allotted me more points in the "academic context" part of the pre-interview score. Last year I was ranked 124/704 in the "academic score", and 99/704 total score. With the extra boost from the professional program, and the boost from my CASPer performance (IMO) compared to the essays I wrote last year, I think it explains why I received an interview this year.

Congrats on your invite! Just curious, how did you find out your ranking?

TIME STAMP: Jan 24, 2-5 pm
GPA: 3.88
MCAT: 515
ECs: Extensive (jobs/community involvement/extracurriculars) but nothing over the top.

Year: 2nd year MSc.

Casper: Felt like I didn't do too well especially after the rejection from Mac. Clearly did well enough for McGill.

1 minute ago, Comprehensible said:

It doesn't indicate that in the email - it just says "it is impossible for the Office of Admissions to provide applicants with individualized feedback or advising". Is this like a hidden feedback mechanism?

It’s an accountability thing, I actually haven’t even received the rejection email lol. But I e already done it and they emailed back saying I’ll get it whennthe cycle is over. So just email now or wait until the cycle is over.

1 hour ago, IMislove said:

It’s an accountability thing, I actually haven’t even received the rejection email lol. But I e already done it and they emailed back saying I’ll get it whennthe cycle is over. So just email now or wait until the cycle is over.

yeah I meant post interview rejections, last year they even made a mistake and sent us everyone's stats in one email and then asked us to delete it and that they were sorry x)

11 hours ago, Jfourn said:

congrats!

1 hour ago, jakepaul said:

Has anyone else received an interview on Minerva but not an email yet?

It happened to of friend of mine, he contacted admission service and apparently there was a bug with all @hotmail adresses, so I guess it might be your case too

3 hours ago, Elgar said:

It happened to of friend of mine, he contacted admission service and apparently there was a bug with all @hotmail adresses, so I guess it might be your case too

Oh okay, I see. I have an outlook account which I assume is similar. Would you recommend I contact admissions as well to make them aware of my specific case?

Archived