Premed 101 Forums

Are my stats good for PT schools in Canada?

Hi everyone, 

This is my second time applying to physical therapy. I went back to upgrade my marks.

My cgpa is 3.09

My last 20 courses is 3.69

I have an academic and clinical reference. I volunteered at the hospital specifically at the knee replacement department and worked with PTs, at a clinic and at erinoakkids center for rehabilitation. 

I am thinking of applying to western, queens, McMaster, Toronto.

Are there any schools I should be applying to but left out and are good to get in with my stats?

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, all the schools you listed except Queen's had cut offs last year above an sGPA = 3.80. Last year Queen's cut-off was 3.68 so it is possible that you will meet the Queen's cut-off this year. However, I don't know much about out-of province schools so you should also research them (especially if you are from the province the school is in).

23 hours ago, PT_93 said:

Unfortunately, all the schools you listed except Queen's had cut offs last year above an sGPA = 3.80. Last year Queen's cut-off was 3.68 so it is possible that you will meet the Queen's cut-off this year. However, I don't know much about out-of province schools so you should also research them (especially if you are from the province the school is in).

Queen’s cut-off usually creeps up .02-.03 per year too. I think out of province competition is usually around 3.78+ sGPA bc of limited spots for out of province students. 

To the OP: I wouldn’t waste your time and money applying to Western/Mac/UofT bc as PT_93 said their cut-offs are over 3.8 sGPA. Queen’s is possible if their cut-off doesn’t increase too much this year. If physical therapy is your passion you may want to consider applying abroad as well. 

Archived