Premed 101 Forums

On 2017-12-27 at 3:54 PM, Logic said:

I currently volunteer as a PT for someone with a disability

What do you mean by the statement “I currently volunteer as a PT”? Do you mean as a PTA (physio assistant)? Or are you using the abbreviation PT as something other than physiotherapist/physical therapist?

Your application (according to what you’ve posted) would likely be competitive at U of T and Mac. Maybe Western, but I hear they started valuing physio experiences over the past few years as apposed to solely looking at the sGPA.  Queen’s is a bit of a mystery, but they also appear to heavily value structured physio experience. 

Just be careful how you word your application. The terms “physiotherapist”, “physical therapist” and the abbreviation/title “PT” are protected in Ontario. So if you claim to be a “PT” (by accident or otherwise) on your application, not only are you breaking the law, but the schools would also not be very impressed (to say the least). 

5 hours ago, MDwannabe02 said:

What do you mean by the statement “I currently volunteer as a PT”? Do you mean as a PTA (physio assistant)? Or are you using the abbreviation PT as something other than physiotherapist/physical therapist?

Your application (according to what you’ve posted) would likely be competitive at U of T and Mac. Maybe Western, but I hear they started valuing physio experiences over the past few years as apposed to solely looking at the sGPA.  Queen’s is a bit of a mystery, but they also appear to heavily value structured physio experience. 

Just be careful how you word your application. The terms “physiotherapist”, “physical therapist” and the abbreviation/title “PT” are protected in Ontario. So if you claim to be a “PT” (by accident or otherwise) on your application, not only are you breaking the law, but the schools would also not be very impressed (to say the least). 

Thanks for your reply! I definitely did not write that in my application haha I must have said that by mistake. Thanks for the heads up though, appreciate it :)

Archived