Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
hopefullyhopeful

Official University Of Alberta 2018 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2022

Recommended Posts

@Pharm1812 

Last year, people got an email to their u of a email saying there was a change to their beartracks application status if they were rejected. Your beartracks should say either "not competitive" or "program full" if you're rejected iirc. Unfortunately, the faculty takes a while to begin rejecting applications. It was mid July for me last year. But some people were also admitted early July! Hope that helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LethyPharm said:

anyone else got an acceptance letter recently?? seems like nothing has happened for over a week now. 

I just got accepted today, so please don't lose hope; they are still accepting. I was certain that I was rejected after such long wait. I submitted my transcript very late, just couple days before the deadline. I did my interview on June 1st.

As for my stat, my last 2 years GPA 3.89 (Upward trend last few semesters 4.0)

Pre req GPA 3.57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, student-123 said:

I just got accepted today, so please don't lose hope; they are still accepting. I was certain that I was rejected after such long wait. I submitted my transcript very late, just couple days before the deadline. I did my interview on June 1st.

As for my stat, my last 2 years GPA 3.89 (Upward trend last few semesters 4.0)

Pre req GPA 3.57

Warm congratulations for you getting in.

Did you get acceptance letter by email or posted on Beartracks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I got my acceptance email this morning! Very excited to see you all in the fall, and to those still waiting please don't lost hope!

I'm in province, applying after my second year. pGPA and cGPA were both around 3.66, LOI was strong (in my opinion) and the interview was decent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my acceptance today! I had a low GPA but I think my letter was strong and my interview was decent.

pGPA : 3.5

cGPA : 3.55 

If you had a lower GPA don't worry too much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone! I also got an acceptance letter today around 11 am. It was very exciting to see that email after a tiring day at work. 

I am a first time, in province applicant. I applied after doing two years of the prerequisites. Both of my pGPA and cGPA were around 3.6. I thought my LOI was strong but my interview was okay (I did the interview on May 23rd and was not that confident about it because I messed up one question and had a hard time answering it, the rest was okay though). This forum and the old ones have helped me a lot throughout my application and so if anyone in the future has any questions, I would gladly offer help and answer them with the best of my ability. I am looking forward to seeing you all in the fall and good luck to the rest who are still waiting. Also, good luck to all the future applicants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Neurosciencegrad said:

Would anyone be willing to post their LOI? I’m not sure if I did well or not since I have nothing to compare to.. 

That's a very good statement, I am standing with a cGPA of 3.79, pGPA of 3.85, best yr GPA 3.91 and I think my LOI was decent enough, though not very sure about my interview but haven't heard from admission committee yet, so where is my application lacking I can't tell..... this very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boboeat said:

That's a very good statement, I am standing with a cGPA of 3.79, pGPA of 3.85, best yr GPA 3.91 and I think my LOI was decent enough, though not very sure about my interview but haven't heard from admission committee yet, so where is my application lacking I can't tell..... this very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my acceptance yesterday. Let’s just say that my cGPA was not stellar (not nearly as fabulous as yours). So don’t lose hope! 

However, I believe my LOI was incredible and interview was also great. But again, don’t lose hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UhhhhhhOkay said:

I got my acceptance yesterday. Let’s just say that my cGPA and pGPA was not stellar (not nearly as fabulous as yours). So don’t lose hope! 

However, I believe my LOI was incredible and interview was also great. But again, don’t lose hope!

what was your GPA stats if you mind sharing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cGPA was 3.43 but pGPA was 3.83... last two years were rough. I went in and talked to the pharmacy advisors, they said that they do not look at your cGPA or pGPA. However, they focus and look at your last two years only. If this information I receive is wrong someone let me know so i can take it down. But yes this is the information that Anjela gave me when I went in to talk to her. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yeet420 said:

Haha sounds good. Just wanted to make sure there isn't an error! 

Anjela said it would be 2 to 3 days. No worries! 

For the applicants who were admitted were you guys given until July 14th to give your final decision and deposit? Is this universal for all applicants, even those from earlier in June? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UhhhhhhOkay said:

I got my acceptance yesterday. Let’s just say that my cGPA was not stellar (not nearly as fabulous as yours). So don’t lose hope! 

However, I believe my LOI was incredible and interview was also great. But again, don’t lose hope!

I know U of A is the least transparent university as concerns their admission process,  I will also try and go talk to them so that they can tell me where am lacking in the application, I strongly believe I am competitive for the pharmacy application. Do I need to book an appointment to talk to them or I can just walk in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Boboeat said:

I know U of A is the least transparent university as concerns their admission process,  I will also try and go talk to them so that they can tell me where am lacking in the application, I strongly believe I am competitive for the pharmacy application. Do I need to book an appointment to talk to them or I can just walk in?

I booked an appointment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LethyPharm said:

so booking an appointment can help you get accepted then possibly? 

I do not believe so, I assume the board has met and has ranked all the applicants. They are slowly rolling out acceptances until all spots are filled.

Booking an appoint would only give you a clearer picture of the process and what they are looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UhhhhhhOkay said:

I do not believe so, I assume the board has met and has ranked all the applicants. They are slowly rolling out acceptances until all spots are filled.

Booking an appoint would only give you a clearer picture of the process and what they are looking for.

oh ok. Yeah I'm just wondering because i have a 3.75 last 2 years but a lower cumulative of 3.55 because my first year wasn't amazing.. Also feel that my LOI was good and interview was ok. Will apply again next year though if i don't hear anything soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...