Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2018 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2022

hopefullyhopeful

Hi everyone!

I got my acceptance letter yesterday. I'm a in province applicant and have already graduated with a bachelor in science. My end GPA was 3.64. But the biggest thing that helped my application I think is that I have been working as a pharmacy assistant for the last year and half since I graduated. I highly recommend finding a part time job as an assistant in a dispensary as it provides a ton of experience. 

Hi everyone

I got my acceptance letter yesterday as well. I am 2nd time applicant (rejected first year). I didn't have an exceptionally high GPA, both my pGPA and cGPA were around 3.5. I felt like my letter of intent was strong, and my interview was decent. I have also been volunteering at a pharmacy for many months now.

For those who don't have an really high GPA, don't lose hope just yet!

On 7/1/2018 at 12:22 AM, SureWhyNot said:

Hi everyone!

I was accepted on June 18th as an OOP applicant. I have been trying to calculate what the possible tuition cost will be for the year, and I was just curious if anyone has ever heard a confirmed number? I get around $15,500 using the U of A tuition calculator. Is that accurate?

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall :)

I am wondering what was your gpa? 

16 hours ago, datbot98 said:

Hi everyone

I got my acceptance letter yesterday as well. I am 2nd time applicant (rejected first year). I didn't have an exceptionally high GPA, both my pGPA and cGPA were around 3.5. I felt like my letter of intent was strong, and my interview was decent. I have also been volunteering at a pharmacy for many months now.

For those who don't have an really high GPA, don't lose hope just yet!

Did you get a refusal letter last time you applied? 

Hey everyone!

For those of you that have been accepted-- what other courses did you take outside of the prereqs?

I am going to be applying in the fall and I've already completed more than half of the prereqs so I need some more courses to have a 30 credit course load. Were there any courses that you took that were 'easier'?

Thank you all in advance and congrats on your acceptances! :)

29 minutes ago, pharmacy2016 said:

Hey everyone!

For those of you that have been accepted-- what other courses did you take outside of the prereqs?

I am going to be applying in the fall and I've already completed more than half of the prereqs so I need some more courses to have a 30 credit course load. Were there any courses that you took that were 'easier'?

Thank you all in advance and congrats on your acceptances! :)

GPA boosters are the classes you enjoy. For me it was Pmcol 201, 303 and 305

12 hours ago, GT12 said:

Do we not have a facebook group for class of 2022? I couldn't even find one for class of 2021. 

Class group chats are private so no one else can find them. The administration will send out an email to all the students with a link to the group chat. I believe they send the invitations to the group chat in late July to early August when more people accept their admission offers.

2 hours ago, Boboeat said:

For those who have been  accepted and have enroll for classes, can you guys see how many spots are left if any at all?!!!!!!

I'm assuming there are very few spots left at this point in the year..... Theres always next year for those of us who don't get accepted and now that i have an idea what to expect it will be helpful!

2 minutes ago, Yeet420 said:

Hey guys. Last week I sent in my payment of $175 via online banking and the money has been received into my account. However, today it shows the money has not been used for any charges or deposits. Just wondering is this suppose to happen? 

I also sent in my payment last Friday and I just checked Beartracks today and the money has been received into my account as well. But it shows as a balance under the Summer 2018 term and not Fall 2018, so I guess I am in the same situation as you. I sent an email to the faculty about this issue and will let you know when I hear from them.