Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2018 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2022

hopefullyhopeful

17 minutes ago, franky said:

I also sent in my payment last Friday and I just checked Beartracks today and the money has been received into my account as well. But it shows as a balance under the Summer 2018 term and not Fall 2018, so I guess I am in the same situation as you. I sent an email to the faculty about this issue and will let you know when I hear from them.

Hey guys! I sent my payment in a while ago. It showed up for the summer term as well. I got an email a short while later confirming that my payment was recieved and my spot has been saved. I can only assume the same will happen for you! 

2 hours ago, franky said:

I also sent in my payment last Friday and I just checked Beartracks today and the money has been received into my account as well. But it shows as a balance under the Summer 2018 term and not Fall 2018, so I guess I am in the same situation as you. I sent an email to the faculty about this issue and will let you know when I hear from them.

2 hours ago, Yeet420 said:

Hey guys. Last week I sent in my payment of $175 via online banking and the money has been received into my account. However, today it shows the money has not been used for any charges or deposits. Just wondering is this suppose to happen? 

If the money is in your summer 2018 account it’s good to go. Anjela will soon send you an email. 

1 minute ago, UhhhhhhOkay said:

If the money is in your summer 2018 account it’s good to go. Anjela will soon send you an email. 

Yes, thank you. I just got an email from Anjela. She contacted the student finance and they said that there was just a glitch in their system that's why it went to the Summer 2018 term. So there's no need to worry as they will soon fix it, and the Faculty has enrolled me already. Details about class registration, orientation, etc. will be sent out at the end of the month.

1 hour ago, franky said:

Just got an email saying we can register for classes now. I guess we are going to make our own schedules, not like the previous years where the faculty enrolls students automatically and build the schedule. Can anyone confirm this?? thanks

Can't seem to enroll in any classes even though I got an email saying we can register.

1 minute ago, franky said:

Can't seem to enroll in any classes even though I got an email saying we can register.

I emailed pharmacy student services about this issue and was told that it is a glitch in the registers office and that we should not have received an email stating that we can register in courses. I was told to wait for the email at the end of the month for more registration information!

On 7/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, Pharm98 said:

I emailed pharmacy student services about this issue and was told that it is a glitch in the registers office and that we should not have received an email stating that we can register in courses. I was told to wait for the email at the end of the month for more registration information!

For those who are already registered or anjela said she enrolled you in the program, has your enrolment changed on beartracks?

For me it doesn’t show that I’m enrolled yet oddly.

Hey you guys, congrats to all of you who got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting! I'm an OOP student and my GPA is at 3.69, I am planning on applying to the program next year. Just wanted to know if my GPA at the moment would be considered strong enough to even consider applying. Any advice would be helpful, thanks. 

47 minutes ago, Boboeat said:

Thanks very much UhhhhhOkay ...... I was just wondering if registration for courses are done individually or they will do that for us 

I was wondering the same thing. I got an email earlier today saying I could now register for classes, but not sure if it’s a glitch. I know a few people here said they had a glitch like this a couple weeks ago but I’m not sure if this one is a glitch too! Please update if anyone knows! Thanks guys

3 hours ago, franky said:

Hello, I tried enrolling again but Pharm 220 and Pharm 203 are overlapping one another, is this the same for everyone?

You are able to enroll? I’m assuming most of us have heard back from Angela but haven’t been enrolled into the program yet on bear tracks. She said they will be sending out the official packages at the end of this month

1 hour ago, UhhhhhhOkay said:

You are able to enroll? I’m assuming most of us have heard back from Angela but haven’t been enrolled into the program yet on bear tracks. She said they will be sending out the official packages at the end of this month

Yes, I tried enrolling to some of the classes today and I was able to do it except for Pharm 220.