Premed 101 Forums

REVIEW FOR CRACK THE DAT PAT???

I'm thinking of purchasing the crack the dat pat version but some reviews have scared me, for example, one review said it is outdated as the pat had gotten harder and if you use this it will not help on the actual pat. I want to buy this instead of dat bootcamp or other software as it does not have an expiry date and if i buy the ace edition it has 900 questions and 10 practice exams, enough for me to forget and use it like its brand new if I take the dat again lol. Anyone who has gotten the software before, is it similar to the real pat or is it too simple? Also, which version do you recommend king, ace, or royal flush? I am taking the canadian dat btw

The advantage you would be getting is the number of questions you will be exposed to. You will get the 10 exams (900 questions) and although i agree that the quality of the questions is sub-par, i still regard it as valuable. It is overpriced in my personal opinion because you will not use many of the features that come with the bundle, but it will do its job in getting you prepared. datbootcamp and datcrusher have much more representative PAT exams but the downside to those are again cost and limited exams respectively so just balance out what you want from your prep. IQ publications also have printed booklets you can purchase which mimic the non digital aspect of the canadian DAT but those are probably more outdated than crack the dat. 

1 hour ago, Super Nova said:

The advantage you would be getting is the number of questions you will be exposed to. You will get the 10 exams (900 questions) and although i agree that the quality of the questions is sub-par, i still regard it as valuable. It is overpriced in my personal opinion because you will not use many of the features that come with the bundle, but it will do its job in getting you prepared. datbootcamp and datcrusher have much more representative PAT exams but the downside to those are again cost and limited exams respectively so just balance out what you want from your prep. IQ publications also have printed booklets you can purchase which mimic the non digital aspect of the canadian DAT but those are probably more outdated than crack the dat. 

Thanks for the advice! Can you clarify what you mean by "it is still valuable" like is it just a refresher or a thing to practice leading up to the exam if you ran out of PAT questions? For example, if i just do Crack the DAT questions for PAT do you think it is possible to get 21+ on the actual exam or would you need something like datcrusher in order to do well?  

Hey uber, its a tough question to answer because how well you do on the DAT depends on a lot of things such as how well you actually do on the prep no matter which prep you used. If you consistently get above 21 on crack the dat pat, then i would say that is where you will lie on the real DAT. This is what i meant by it is still valuable. for me, when it comes to PAT, what resource i use really depends on two things, amount of exams available and quality of exams. crack the dat still works but the DAT hasnt been static. Just this past cycle, there was about 8-9 rock keyhole questions on the PAT which blindsided a lot of students. And some of the strategies used to beat certain PAT sections don't work on the real DAT anymore. To answer your question though, i would say it is still worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Waves said:

I personally found CDP pretty useless compared to Bootcamp. The Bootcamp generators are really helpful. If you're just starting out and don't want to use up all the Bootcamp resources there are cheaper options.

Do you have any recommendations for cheaper options that you found helpful?

Bootcamp got me a 23 on PAT and all I did was each of their practice tests once (I think there were 10 at the time) and felt very prepared for it. IQ publications was good because it was a nice confidence booster right before I took the DAT and it was really nice for me to be able to practice on paper instead of the computer. Good luck!

Archived