Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites

Just now, orangeisthenewblack said:

Is there anyone who got an interview last year but don't have the tab this year? I didn't get the tab and I'm worried they really did accidentally open up tabs for those that got interviews this year.

So I remembered I took a screenshot after I submitted my application last year because, well, I'm paranoid like that. I just found it and I had the interview tab back then as well. It looks like it just stuck around from last years interviews.

For those that don't have the interview tab, I would not read anything in to it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lancia Stratos said:

So I remembered I took a screenshot after I submitted my application last year because, well, I'm paranoid like that. I just found it and I had the interview tab back then as well. It looks like it just stuck around from last years interviews.

For those that don't have the interview tab, I would not read anything in to it.

I hope I'm not reading too much into this and sorry if I am, but if you had the tab last year and got an interview last year, wouldn't you getting the tab this year mean that you're going to get an interview again?

I'm trying to see if there's anyone who had an interview last year but doesn't have the tab this year

9 minutes ago, orangeisthenewblack said:

I hope I'm not reading too much into this and sorry if I am, but if you had the tab last year and got an interview last year, wouldn't you getting the tab this year mean that you're going to get an interview again?

I'm trying to see if there's anyone who had an interview last year but doesn't have the tab this year

The post you're quoting states that the tab was available back in October, so unless Calgary knew from the get-go that they would offer an interview to Lancia Stratos, this would suggest that it's not over till that email's in your inbox.

I am not sure what to make of this interview tab. I do have the tab on my app that when I try to schedule an interview it leads to Monday, Jan 22 at 10AM. I did not receive an interview invite last year, but I cannot remember if there was an interview tab on my app at that time. I think admissions is probably loading everyone`s app with the same info and those that do not currently have the tab, will probably have it loaded on their app today.  One thing that is quite probable is that interview invites may be sent out today.  Good luck to everyone!:)

Also, re-reading previous posts, I should clarify that I have an interview tab at the top of the app listed horizontally.

HOME        README           APPLICATION         APP STATUS       PROFILE          INTERVIEW

If I click on INTERVIEW, it directs me to a new page that has a tab on the left that reads "Schedule Interview"  Upon clicking on that it states, 

The interview scheduler will open Monday, January 22, 2018 10:00 AM

However, I do not have an interview tab after I click on Application and look at the vertical tabs. (PAYMENT) being the last tab.

We will have to wait and see......Again Good Luck to all.

11 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

LOL X-RN.....I think that there will be lots of anticipation and sleepless nights for every med applicant in the coming days and weeks. I am sure that your post did not increase anyone's already high stress level, but just got everyone excited for invite season! :) Good luck.

Honestly, it did increase my stress level significantly, lol. I have such a love/hate relationship with this forum.

I am sorry sp4168 if the post caused you worry.  I really believe that they will still be programming this morning and fix this possible glitch on our applications.  This is my 3rd round of applications. I applied to U of C 2016....waitlisted (medical purgatory!!!), was not invited for interview 2017, and hoping that third time 2018 around will be the charm.  I am of course anxious but I have become a lot more resilient on my journey.  Hang in there!

This is my first application and I had the privilege of getting an invite so I’m definitely super excited and nervous at the same time. This year they sent out the least # of inteviews (498 as opposed to 500-600 the previous years) which means that we have a better chance of getting an offer! ~250 offers for 498 applicants is not so bleak. We need to keep thinking positive :)

Congratulations to all of you who scored interview invites this year! I remember going through this process 2 years ago and I had a great time meeting everyone when helping out at the interviews last year. I'm sad that I will be away on electives this year during the interview weekends but I know the Boops-Boops will welcome you all to campus and give you a great experience!

Archived